• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platt Appreciation

34 posts in this topic

Batman's head looks like it's in the wrong place there.

I generally love "SPLATT"s work, but this one doesn't do it for me.

Some of my favorites (outside of his Moon Knight run) are:

Deathblow-1-Variant-Cover-World-Storm-350706548440.jpg

1078657.jpg

(I really liked this series and was bummed that it died before getting finished)

Wolverine_310_CoverVariantPlattSketch.jpg

That Batman cover is just odd. Batman's head is in an odd place.

The Wolverine cover is just awesome !!!

I believe his head is to his left to indicate he'd been tugging back on the rope in his right hand, but the rope being slack makes this non-intuitive.

But yeah, not one of my favorite SPlatt's either.

Many of the comments in this thread are why I have a soft spot for Splatt. It isn't exactly in the realm of what I'd call a 'guilty pleasure' along the lines of enjoying Liefeld , it's more of a time and place sort of appreciation.

Thought, as shown in this thread, he has done some stuff that doesn't quite overwhelmingly scream "90s!!!!".

SPLATT is hit or miss judging from some of these posts. I liked his Moon Knight and Prophet covers back in the day though. His female crotchial regions are weird looking, he's not quite sure what to do there. I guess these guys all have their weaknesses, like Liefield with faces and bodies and limbs and guns and swords and backgrounds.

Edited by the blob

SPLATT is hit or miss judging from some of these posts. I liked his Moon Knight and Prophet covers back in the day though. His female crotchial regions are weird looking, he's not quite sure what to do there. I guess these guys all have their weaknesses, like Liefield with faces and bodies and limbs and guns and swords and backgrounds.

Yea, but if you put that aside it's only chests and feet that he has trouble with.