• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling Hawkman Full Run - Advice Needed

13 posts in this topic

I am looking to sell a solid raw run of Hawkman 1-27, all Fine or better. #1 and #4 are both Fine.

I'm wondering how best to sell this on the bay. Is it a run that is likely to get a bidding war from a low starting price or should I BIN? Or should I break up the set (which would be a pity).

I've found one set currently for sale but it isn't in the same solid grade.

One other wrinkle - I live in the UK which may limit the market.

Any advice gratefully received.

Pro best as a run. The 1 and the 4 will have demand, but the rest very little. So you could sell them in three lots, 1, 4 and the rest. Either ay the "rest" will be a drag to sell. And in F condition, pretty common grade, I have no idea how much you will get or are expecting.

I am looking to sell a solid raw run of Hawkman 1-27, all Fine or better. #1 and #4 are both Fine.

I'm wondering how best to sell this on the bay. Is it a run that is likely to get a bidding war from a low starting price or should I BIN? Or should I break up the set (which would be a pity).

I've found one set currently for sale but it isn't in the same solid grade.

One other wrinkle - I live in the UK which may limit the market.

Any advice gratefully received.

You could always try the for sale section here and see if you receive offers.

Thanks for the replies. Most of the other books in the run are VF or so with a couple coming in at NM- or NM. That's part of the tricky calculation for selling the run.

I'm good with putting them up for sale here if there is demand for books from a UK seller like me. I'll give it more thought over the next day or two.

Thanks for the replies. Most of the other books in the run are VF or so with a couple coming in at NM- or NM. That's part of the tricky calculation for selling the run.

I'm good with putting them up for sale here if there is demand for books from a UK seller like me. I'll give it more thought over the next day or two.

Your conditions are all over the place, some are fine, very fine and near mint. Trying to sell this as a full set will be difficult, people will be emailing you to pull out the specific issues they want. Anyone bidding on the near mint would consider the lower grades as a throw in. The collector who wants the fine/very fine doesn't want to pay up for the near mints. Your best off selling the keys, than the high grade, than everything else.

I would at least try to sell as a full run first if you're not in a hurry. There is some appeal to getting a whole set. If you cherry pick out the two hot issues, the rest will be much harder to sell and then you will start selling individual issues as people inquire.

It doesn't hurt to try, however as far as pricing goes you may do better discounting the sale as a complete set versus putting a premium on it. Just my 2c

Your conditions are all over the place, some are fine, very fine and near mint. Trying to sell this as a full set will be difficult, people will be emailing you to pull out the specific issues they want. Anyone bidding on the near mint would consider the lower grades as a throw in. The collector who wants the fine/very fine doesn't want to pay up for the near mints. Your best off selling the keys, than the high grade, than everything else.

The logic is sound, but I think a lot of people are going to cry if there's no "meat on the bone" for the 4, and everything else may not sell without it.

Start as a set, and see how much interest is there. Let the person who wants the 4 have to get rid of the rest.

The logic is sound, but I think a lot of people are going to cry if there's no "meat on the bone" for the 4, and everything else may not sell without it.

Start as a set, and see how much interest is there. Let the person who wants the 4 have to get rid of the rest.

+1

The #1 fine value $150.00, the #4 $300.00, a couple near mints 14 $100.00, #21 $100.00. The rest of the run $200.00, total $850.00. I guess if you can get that much for a full set go for it. I doubt whoever wants the $300.00 fine #4 will pay an extra $550.00 to acquire that book as its readily available on Ebay as a stand alone.