• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Neglect

71 posts in this topic

Maybe this one too. Saw a little bit more attention since Gotham premiered, but that was short lived.

RADF03652012924_11507.jpg

That's one from my favourite run of 100 pagers. Archie Goodwin chose some great reprints, not to mention creating some exceptional new material, of course.

First Issue Special from DC Comics... so many "sleeper keys" including the first Warlord, the new Starman, and revivals of the New Gods, the Creeper, and Dr. Fate.

Don't forget Lady Cop

Did you ever read it? Really hard core story, lifted from a multiple murder in Chicago.

I thought it was really good. I certainly would have liked to read an ongoing.

Sorry, but the woman in the thingy looks like she is twisted in a horrible knot or something or giving birth to herself

Each to their own. I personally see something maniacal in the eyes of our friend Arnim Zola. Kirby was quite good at drawing characters with that frenzied look. 2c

Sorry, but the woman in the thingy looks like she is twisted in a horrible knot or something or giving birth to herself

Each to their own. I personally see something maniacal in the eyes of our friend Arnim Zola. Kirby was quite good at drawing characters with that frenzied look. 2c

Yes, but was that intentional? A lot of other characters - including Cap - often had the same look...

Yes, but was that intentional? A lot of other characters - including Cap - often had the same look...

Agreed. Eyes wide, mouth agog...no thanks, I preferred his early work.

Just remembered -- Stalker!

This D.C. Explosion series laste four issues; Wally Wood over Steve Ditko, a really original tale. If I recall correctly, it's set in medieval times, or some mystic otherworld, but the young protagonist sells his soul for powers and skills, then spends his life trying to get it back. The series ended just hanging; while sword and sorcery may be dead in comics' current marketplace, the character and his unique circumstances are ripe for bringing forward into current "continuity," if there really can be said to be such a thing....but that's a different matter...

Four issues, great art, different story, only cosmetically sword and sorcery (I'm not a fan of the genre but still loved the series as a read) and cheap!

eerie and creepy are criminally cheap. great if you want to put a set together

+1 (thumbs u

I have a complete Vampirella run,and working on my Creepy and Eerie runs. I'm picking up as much as I can get ,before the horror comics guys realize how awesome these books are.

eerie and creepy are criminally cheap. great if you want to put a set together

The magazine format is what prevents many collectors from wanting them. We see this with some of Marvel's 1st appearances, the collectors want the comic book, not the magazine, paperback, etc. I don't get it either. (shrug)

Edited by rjrjr

Kirby's return on Captain America 193. Everything at Marvel seemed right again :cloud9:

Until you actually opened it and went "GAH".

Now there's some bad taste :slapfight:

I seriously love this run. Harkens back to Kirbys 50s work like Black Magic. It's amazing to me how many people are still antagonistic toward it, just because it didn't regurgitate his SA work

If by "GAH" he means Goofy, Atrocious, Horrible - I'd have to agree