• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAN "THE MAN" GREENHALGH

83 posts in this topic

I have called BErnie several times- no call backs- I asked Ken Dumb diddly Danker to help (claims Bernie is his pal) and still no response.... Jim LEe has officially said no too. John Severinaslo said no. Al Williamson is ill so that is a no. Frazetta has been ill for years so no....

But I am trying- I would love to get Steve Rude and Mike BAron- anybody have contact info?

VZ

How about Howard Chaykin? or has he been on lately? He just did a nice DC issue of Solo..

I have called BErnie several times- no call backs- I asked Ken Dumb diddly Danker to help (claims Bernie is his pal) and still no response.... Jim LEe has officially said no too. John Severinaslo said no. Al Williamson is ill so that is a no. Frazetta has been ill for years so no....

But I am trying- I would love to get Steve Rude and Mike BAron- anybody have contact info?

VZ

How about Steve Ditko? insane.gif

I've only bought low- to mid-grade books, in lots, from SNE. They don't appear to have been 'worked on' and the grades seemed pretty accurate. Nominally accurate grading on a consistent basis will win you fans on eBay. That said, it's amazing how close to guide his auctions seem to come in most cases....

dan greenhalgh has never sold me a resto'd book

imho, hes one of the more courteous, professional dealers out there

my experiece with metropolis pre vincent, were that they sold me many resto'd books as unrestored

In 1995 or 1996 I went to a show at the Javits Center in NYC, stopped by Metropolis' table where I saw a Fantastic Four #1 they had for sale. Thing looked perfect, a bit too perfect. I asked the guy if the comic had had any restoration work done, he said "I don't know".

Wouldn't look me in the eye either.

Without a doubt Dan is the worst major dealer in the country. It is not just his constant overgrading nor is it his passing off restored books as unrestored. You have to add to that his attitude which is just awful.

I have often refered to him as my ebay nightmare. I won several books from him and when they came in at least 3 of the 5 had major issues. The superman 6 was graded Fine, but it had over a dozen pieces of tape ( the centerfold and the cover with taped in) and a showcase 4 that had clearly been restored. He agreed that if thatr books were as I had described he would refund everything including shipping both ways.

The check came in and was reduced for shipping. I called to remind him of our agreement and he just went off on me telling me how I had no idea how to grade or what restoration was. The upshot was that he put a stop payment on the check. eventually (over a month later) he relented and sent me the refund ( minus another fee).

board members, i still have not left feedback for my SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND (America's #1 Comic Dealer!) auctions...

looking for suggestions...

i have had many thoughts, like 1 neg, 4 neutrals etc...

the neg explaining the RESTORATION, (and how many others bidders likely have RESTORED comics from SHOWCASE [you can still check the auctions and kinda see the uneven right side of covers])...

and the neutrals b/c i was wise enough to detect it and get a refund...y'all should too...

i don't really care about retaliatory feedback as it was my buying id...

i feel so helpless, i mean, everyone should know SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND (America's #1 Comic Dealer!) auctions RESTORED comics...and there is little i can do as most of the bidders are ignorant, and a neg won't communicate these facts...

anway, i have learned to stay away from people named Dan in the comic collecting world ...

I would not leave negatives. They will only lead to getting a negative of your own. SImply stop doing business with them.

By the way. How are Showcase's low grade silverage/goldenage books in the VG-VG+ range? Have any of you purchased these low grade books with restoration?

well, i got some scathing remarks after telling the truth and leaving appropriate feedback...

check their feedback...

Boy, did you ever. Even if I was totally unaware of the issues discussed in this thread, seeing the feedback they just left you would be enough of a red flag for me to steer clear of them...

well, i got some scathing remarks after telling the truth and leaving appropriate feedback...

check their feedback...

Follow-up by wavingnotdrowning: PLEASE IGNORE, THIS WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING

confused.gif

check their feedback...

Dude...some nasty stuff in there, you would have been safe to have left negative feedback saying "Item restored - color touched and trimmed." Looks like he scared you into your semi-retractions, but I'm afraid it's too late for that! 893whatthe.gif