• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAN "THE MAN" GREENHALGH

83 posts in this topic

Why did you try to back out of your feedback? Did you really think that insufficiently_thoughtful_person would take you to court?

Three things I find odd: 1) that SNE would resto low grade cheap books. They are probably guilty of not paying attention to them and not responding properly to someone who complained about receiving such books; 2) DNAgent seems to put a lot of effort into scrutinizing $3 books for defects/resto and detailing his feelings in FB. Let the little stuff go dude; 3) SNE's FB to DNAagent looks like he went apoplectic when he saw the neg over a bunch of low grade books, and responded in a ridiculous manner. Uhh, your honor, he libeled me in ebay FB!

He was just trying to frighten you- classic lawyer trick- with no intention of doing anything.

Personally never had a problem with SNE, but haven't bought much from them. Cindy seems OK.

If this was really what transpired, I do not understand the retraction.

This'll help...

Should have done it the banner way!

thumbsup2.gif

And what is "the Banner way"?

Link to presenting facts based on the information in front of you, and not extrapolating those to the whole of someone's auctions!

If this was really what transpired, I do not understand the retraction.

This'll help...

I should have been more specific. I saw the seller's retaliatory comments, before I questioned the buyer's retraction. If the restoration really happened, I don't understand the retraction. I guess the seller's comments about a lawsuit really spooked him, but his comments were already out there. {I agree though; I probably would have phrased the initial negative feedback differently... foreheadslap.gif}

That not the Banner way, it's the Joe Friday way!

Just the facts, man!

dragnet1.jpg

It's too bad DNAgent mis-handled it, because he did have a valid complaint. frown.gif I know I'll think twice about buying from SNE (especially GA).

I would not leave negatives. They will only lead to getting a negative of your own. SImply stop doing business with them.

Sorry, gotta call you on this gutless philosophy. So anyone who might leave you neg feedback automatically gets a pass? What would happen if everyone took this same weak-kneed approach? The only real 'defense' that we buyers have on eBay is the feedback system. When used properly, it's pretty effective, providing a warning or an endorsement (or something in between) to other prospective buyers.

If you're worried about getting a neg on your seller's account, I understand the concern, but that simply means you should create a separate account for buying.

It's too bad DNAgent mis-handled it, because he did have a valid complaint. frown.gif I know I'll think twice about buying from SNE (especially GA).

Yeah, he did have a valid complaint.

I used to think twice about bidding on SNE, now I don't have to think about it at all. wink.gif

What I never understand is, if you are not happy with the comics you got, why don't you just phone them and explain? I know a few people who have sent things back in the past, hassle free. They would give a refund with no problems at all. Just be nice to them, and they will be nice back to you. You treat them bad, and well they will treat you the same, and who wouldn't. They put a lot of items on ebay on a regular basis, nearly all of them put in nice mylars, you think you could be 100% on the grading of all those books? maybe the first two times (doubt it though). So somtimes you will get well graded books, over graded books and under graded books, and sometimes restored ones, so instead of moaning about it, get on the phone in a profesional manner, and it would be sorted. Don't want it sorted, just moan and leave a negative, get one back, it will effect you more than them. Nuff said.

I am not person_without_enough_empathying about his customer service after the sale as I am not able to get involved in a return due to my work schedule. It was not a huge amount of money anyway. My first post was merely stating the facts of a transaction and my reaction, not "crying."

right, there has been no crying/person_without_enough_empathying etc regarding customer service here.

please do not make excuses for SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND AMERICA'S #1 COMIC DEALER not having the ability to grade decently or detect obvious restoration...

just a heads up about SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND, America's #1 COMIC DEALER selling

restored comic books.

or, SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND, America's #1 COMIC DEALER not being able to detect obvious restoration.

or, SHOWCASE NEW ENGLAND, America's #1 COMIC DEALER falsely advertising in auctions...

DAN GREENHALGH IN MY EXPERIENCE IS ONE OF THE WORST COMIC DEALERS IN THE BUSINESS. HE TALKS ALL SWEET AND ALL, BUT HE IS A DUPLICIOUS BUSINESS PERSON. CONSIDERING HE IS AN OVERSTREET ADVISOR, HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DETECT RESOTRATION THAT IS OBVIOUS. I HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH HIM. I BOUGHT A $5,000 BOOK IN 1997 BEFORE CGC WAS AROUND. DAN WROTE ME A LETTER SAYING THERE WAS SLIGHT COLOR TOUCH IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOOK. OTHERWISE, THERE WAS NO RESTORATION ON THE BOOK AND THE BOOK WAS BE CONSIDERED "SLIGHT RESTORATION".

I HAD ZERO ABILITY TO DETECT RESORATION AND I RELIED ON DAN'S GOOD-WILL AND EXPERTISE TO DISCLOSE ANY RESTORATION ON THE BOOK.

WHEN I SLABBED THE BOOK 3 YEARS LATER, IT CAME BACK AS "EXTENSIVE RESTORATION" I WAS HORRIFIED AND REALLY UPSET. I CALLED DAN UP AND ASKED HIM TO TAKE THE BOOK BACK FOR RETURN OF MY $5000 AND THAT I WOULDN'T EVEN ASK FOR ANY EXPECTED "ACCRUED INTEREST" FOR THE APPRECIATION I EXPECTED ON THE BOOK....HE REFUSED TO TAKE THE BOOK BACK.

WHEN I SHOWED HIM THE LETTER HE HAD WRITTEN ME ATTESTING TO THE FACT THAT HE HAD GRADED THE BOOK AS "SLIGHT RESTORATION WITH ONLY COLOR TOUCH IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER, HE SAID "STANDARDS FOR GRADING RESTORATION HAD EVOLVED OVER THREE YEARS AND METHODS TO DETECT RESTORATION HAD IMPROVED"

I WAS LIVID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAN WASS A CROOK, IS A CROOK, AND PROBABLY WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO BE A CROOK.

STAY AWAY FROM HIM IS MY ADVICE.

WHEN I SHOWED HIM THE LETTER HE HAD WRITTEN ME ATTESTING TO THE FACT THAT HE HAD GRADED THE BOOK AS "SLIGHT RESTORATION WITH ONLY COLOR TOUCH IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER, HE SAID "STANDARDS FOR GRADING RESTORATION HAD EVOLVED OVER THREE YEARS AND METHODS TO DETECT RESTORATION HAD IMPROVED"

This is the same argument that dealers will use somewhere down the road when pressing becomes consistently detectable and the streets of Sarasota run purple...

There is a common thread to all of this...

RESTORATION, RESTORATION, RESTORATION

The three times I have dealt with SNE, I have received restored books. Too much of a coincidence, methinks.

Everyone is entitled to foul up occasionally and miss a bit of resto...it WILL happen from time to time. But three times on the trot?

Nah, I ain't buying it.

And of course they have 'good customer service'...otherwise known as Cindy. It's the same business model as Danny-Boy. Sell the stuff for as much of you can by falsely representing it, then refund those that you get found out on.

Overall, you make a fortune on pieces of crud.

And for those of you who are happy with the raw books you received from SNE, go back and check them all for restoration. And if you don't think you know enough, send the suspect ones to CGC or get somebody you know who does have the knowledge to check them out.

Because I guarantee there's a time-bomb ticking in your closets...

There is a common thread to all of this...

RESTORATION, RESTORATION, RESTORATION

The three times I have dealt with SNE, I have received restored books. Too much of a coincidence, methinks.

Everyone is entitled to foul up occasionally and miss a bit of resto...it WILL happen from time to time. But three times on the trot?

Nah, I ain't buying it.

And of course they have 'good customer service'...otherwise known as Cindy. It's the same business model as Danny-Boy. Sell the stuff for as much of you can by falsely representing it, then refund those that you get found out on.

Overall, you make a fortune on pieces of crud.

And for those of you who are happy with the raw books you received from SNE, go back and check them all for restoration. And if you don't think you know enough, send the suspect ones to CGC or get somebody you know who does have the knowledge to check them out.

Because I guarantee there's a time-bomb ticking in your closets...

All of the bronze age Spideys I have from Dan are free from resto and I have a pretty good eye for it. confused-smiley-013.gif I've slabbed about a half dozen of the better ones and all came back blue top.

Scott,

confused-smiley-013.gif Maybe you got lucky, but it might be the books themselves. Mine were mid-60s stuff...X-Men #8 and ASM #39 amongst them.

BTW, you got me a total yet? grin.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Check PMs. insane.gif

I have bought a few lots off of SNE. Grading was pretty accurate for ebay standards. Some SA X-men I bought in a lot advertised as 9.0-9.2 came back CGC'd 8.5. However, a TOS comic that was advertised as 9.0 came back CGC'd 7.0. I did have a problem when one HV comic in a lot advertised as 9.8 was bent under the other comics in a box due to poor packing. SNE sent me a replacement in a reasonable amount of time. When I bid on their comics I adjust my bid for the value of the comic at a grade point lower than listed.