• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im stumped! All the comic experts come here please!

51 posts in this topic

If it's from 1973 it doesn't sound very old or very rare.

Yes, and I think that is one of the Chinese equivalents of the Little Golden Books we have. And seriously, no "friend" is going to leave a "rare and valuable book" behind just for the heck of it.

P.S. Kilt, you seem to have a serious case of Gold Fever and you might want to re-examine your newfound hobby.

Well the thing is. He has left me behind a whole bunch of rare stuff. A Damien Hurst plate that sold for 90(all pounds sterling), a signed pele football sold for 110, a rare saturn game sold for 120, a rare snes game sold for 80 and soem other stuff. So going by my previous luck..... ^-^

Yes, and I think that is one of the Chinese equivalents of the Little Golden Books we have. And seriously, no "friend" is going to leave a "rare and valuable book" behind just for the heck of it.

P.S. Kilt, you seem to have a serious case of Gold Fever and you might want to re-examine your newfound hobby.

Well the thing is. He has left me behind a whole bunch of rare stuff. A Damien Hurst plate that sold for 90(all pounds sterling), a signed pele football sold for 110, a rare saturn game sold for 120, a rare snes game sold for 80 and soem other stuff. So going by my previous luck..... ^-^

Does your friend know that you've been selling off these rare items he gave you?

no "friend" is going to leave a "rare and valuable book" behind just for the heck of it.

Maybe kiltman's friend doesn't have any interest in anything comic-like, but knew that kilt would love it and decided he should have it. Sounds like something a good friend would do if you ask me.

He did collect comics but couldnt take them with him as it was a case of he was going with what he could carry on the plane. He gave me a bunch of Dark Minds comics and im picking up a couple more long boxes that he left with someone else soon. I think the best thing he gave me though was all the Battle Royale Manga books! ^-^ A keepsake there laugh.gif

Cheers for your support though hobby smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

Does your friend know that you've been selling off these rare items he gave you?

He told me to do what i wished with them. So i did confused-smiley-013.gif ^-^ I have no use for any of that stuff. better it goes into my comic collection rather than collecting dust!

Well the thing is.

Now I understand, but when I hear "rare and valuable" in relation to collectibles I am thinking at least 4 figures.

Depends how much money your used to dealing with i suppose 893scratchchin-thumb.gif For me valuable would be in the hundreds of pounds. For soem people it would be thousands. And for the really rich the millions ^-^

Well the thing is.

Now I understand, but when I hear "rare and valuable" in relation to collectibles I am thinking at least 4 figures.

Depends how much money your used to dealing with i suppose 893scratchchin-thumb.gif For me valuable would be in the hundreds of pounds. For soem people it would be thousands. And for the really rich the millions ^-^

I am not bragging, just presenting my point of view and why I was a little confused. If a friend or contact came up and wanted to show me a "rare and valuable" collectible he just bought, I would not be thinking $100 total value.

I am done here and I do hope you find out the issue and its origin.

I'll have a translation for you in the afternoon. The 1973 date tends to make it much much less valuable. Many of the things produced in the late 50s during the Hundred Flowers, etc. were destroyed in later campaigns (and in some cases burnt for fuel!), so that time period plus the early 60s is far more rare than the post-1968, since the 1968-69 period of the cultural revolution nailed this stuff.

Well the thing is.

foreheadslap.gif I guess I should expect this though. To me, a collectible item can be worth $30 and I'd be happy.

Well the thing is.

foreheadslap.gif I guess I should expect this though. To me, a collectible item can be worth $30 and I'd be happy.

"rare and valuable" though, I guess I have no opinion on how many figures it should be, because I don't really have anything that's rare confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll have a translation for you in the afternoon. The 1973 date tends to make it much much less valuable. Many of the things produced in the late 50s during the Hundred Flowers, etc. were destroyed in later campaigns (and in some cases burnt for fuel!), so that time period plus the early 60s is far more rare than the post-1968, since the 1968-69 period of the cultural revolution nailed this stuff.

Burning comics for fuel! Sacrilage(unless early 90's DC i suppose)! I would muchly appreciate that FD, this comic is certainly intreaging. smile.gif

It might also be a Chinese translation of a Japanese comic. I'm not sure about this practice in 1973, but when I was visiting Taiwan in 1991, I picked up a couple of Chinese translations of Japanese comics.

Maybe it's 1973 in Chinese years (since the Ming Dynasty or something). confused-smiley-013.gif

That's what I was thinking... but they would likely not have been using western number characters... confused-smiley-013.gif

Beyond that, if that book were from 1973 in the Chinese Calendar it'd be nearly 3000 years old.

Maybe it's 1973 in Chinese years (since the Ming Dynasty or something). confused-smiley-013.gif

That's what I was thinking... but they would likely not have been using western number characters... confused-smiley-013.gif

Beyond that, if that book were from 1973 in the Chinese Calendar it'd be nearly 3000 years old.

.........bidding starts at $5,000,000,000 27_laughing.gif