• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATE: Terrible sad news Andrew (Drew) aka "grinin" aka "InvstmntComcSuply"

81 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember what his previous board name was before changing it to InvstmntComcSuply?

RIP - sad to hear of someone passing at a relatively young age.

I think it was grinin?

That's right.

Yes. skypinkblu confirmed this for me yesterday.

He was super cool with me and patient with my Noob PM questions. Bought M2s and Full backs from him and deal was honest, quick and hassle free. They're still sitting in my closet ready to go into action. Kinda has a different meaning looking at them now.

Safe passage, man.

Drew was a great communicator and a very humble person. No matter your knowledge level or lack thereof, he would take whatever time necessary to make sure you were good.

His PMs would be in great length if need be. He would always help out folks as well when knowing there was no vested interest or sale involved. Drew would just do it because of his great nature. To help others.

I feel really bad because I had been meaning to PM him and never got around to it. I finally did to check in and see if he was OK and why he was off the grid. Too late...that PM will forever be unread by him. This was a very sickening feeling.....

When my brother was out of no where diagnosed with a terminal illness and basically given a death sentence, we knew what was coming, the time line, suffering, and exactly what was ahead etc.

But here on the boards, to see Drew day in and day out like your virtual neighbor, posting all the time. Answering back my PMs almost instantly....to go from that...to this basically suddenly and overnight...it is just so sad and awful.

Drew was a great communicator and a very humble person. No matter your knowledge level or lack thereof, he would take whatever time necessary to make sure you were good.

His PMs would be in great length if need be. He would always help out folks as well when knowing there was no vested interest or sale involved. Drew would just do it because of his great nature. To help others.

I feel really bad because I had been meaning to PM him and never got around to it. I finally did to check in and see if he was OK and why he was off the grid. Too late...that PM will forever be unread by him. This was a very sickening feeling.....

Same here - we were chatting via PM regarding my latest order, then silence.

So sad, this year has been especially difficult, sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Awful news. 'Grinin' was an excellent contributor, and I especially learned from the knowledge he shared about paper and archival products to preserve it.

My condolences go to Andrew's family and friends.