• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who was the First Person to Welcome you to the Boards?

87 posts in this topic

I once had a white friend we called "egg". grin.gif He had a fondness for the asian ladies.

That's a good one. Out here, we just say that a person's come down with yellow fever.

Welcom counselor!

cloud9.gif

Doh...spelling error!

It was funnier when I thought the misspelling was intentional. foreheadslap.gif

I wasn't sure, but I figured that complaining would be akin to looking a gift horse in the mouth. 27_laughing.gif

takeit.gif

I once had a white friend we called "egg". grin.gif He had a fondness for the asian ladies.

That's a good one. Out here, we just say that a person's come down with yellow fever.

Yep, we say that too....along with "twinkie".

How come you know so many Asian euphemisms?

He's a wannabe!

I have lived with Asians, I dated an Asian girl and I have a lot of Asian friends. In fact, my group of friends for a year or two in college was one wheelchair-bound latino away from a McDonald's commercial. U of I is an extremely integrated and multicultural campus and I had the opportunity to come into contact with a lot of different things, both good and bad (the unfortunate euphemisms being part of the bad). At one point, my two white roomates were dating Asians, I was dating an Indian girl and my Asian roomate was interested only in white girls. It gave us a lot of opportunites for joking around. Sorry if I offended, so much time around different races has kind of made me desensitized to those types of things. tonofbricks.gif

When I was in college, one of my friends (the whitest white guy you ever saw) would only date Asian women and was only attracted to Asian women. He was almost maniacal about it and the fact that he was a 6'4" white guy with ghost white hair and bone white skin made it all the funnier. His name was Johnny W., so eventually we started referring to Asian women as "Johnny girls."

When I was in college, one of my friends (the whitest white guy you ever saw) would only date Asian women and was only attracted to Asian women. He was almost maniacal about it and the fact that he was a 6'4" white guy with ghost white hair and bone white skin made it all the funnier. His name was Johnny W., so eventually we started referring to Asian women as "Johnny girls."
Did he have to take some penicillin from all the $5 tricks from Thailand?

Price is up to $10, and there's a lot of new strains that are resistant to penicillin.

Price is up to $10, and there's a lot of new strains that are resistant to penicillin.

Recent trip for you?

My brother is married to a girl who is Taiwanese. He's heard them all - yellow fever, banana lover, twinkie (although twinkie has a different connotation, you know, Dreamsicle, etc. etc.

Recent trip for you?

Just passing on the latest intel. angel.gif

But word is they'll love you long time.

My brother is married to a girl who is Taiwanese. He's heard them all - yellow fever, banana lover, twinkie (although twinkie has a different connotation, you know, Dreamsicle, etc. etc.

The best nickname is for my friend, who is half African American and half Puerto Rican. He's married to a Taiwanese American, and teaches at a Cantonese immersion elementary/junior high school. The principal of the school calls him a "Farmer's Egg"...brown on the outside, yellow on the inside. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Just kidding OG.

This was the first post I could find for you. July 11, 2002 - Ebay related stuff

hail.gif

How did you search that far back? I could only get to August 27, 2002. My registration day was August 2, 2002, would love to get to then.

FD, Aug 22, 2002 was as far back as I could find.