• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your rarest acquisition this year?

144 posts in this topic

I have just acquired this rarity. :cloud9:

Picture Story Annual, Educational Projects Inc. Undated but most likely 1944-5. This may be one of the rarest of all the Canadian Whites, the comics published in Canada during the second world war. This one-shot annual, which collects three issues (without covers) of the long-running Canadian Heroes comic by Educational Projects.

This is also apparently a variant. Of the images I have seen of two of the three other copies, there is a cover price of 25 cents in the circle below "192 pages." On this copy the circle is blank. This is the only example of that variation, to my current knowledge. and the back cover is a subscription coupon for Canadian Heroes. The 25 cent version has a generic Canadian Heroes back cover. This copy is UNIQUE

_57_zpswdc8mtlc.jpg

_57%201_zpsfycgw4ba.jpg

Cool books!

and the brazilian edition of marvel mystery comics 36 , with original brazilian art

TxlRgRhh.jpg

That is badass!

Great thread. Not surprisingly, a few 'foreign' comics in here. I especially like the 192 and 194 page books. (thumbs u

Here are a couple of hard to find Australian books I picked up this year:

A-33_zpscp7dkcdl.jpg

Crimson_Comet_23_zpskvh2kfen.jpg

I don't know about rare for my purchases this year. But , at least scarce . Strange Adventures #21. Marvel Tales #95 classic monster cover, Wonderworld Comics#4 2nd Flame. Fight Comics #10 and other assorted early Mystery in Space comics. Can't pick just one :grin:

Mine would probably be this Australian variant. By this time, the U.S. series had converted to a Crime title. What cool irony golden age Hollywood gangster icon James Cagney would grace the cover of an issue of the Australian run

Headline%20Comics%20Australian%20Ed.%205_zpsfyyftb6h.jpg

It opens like a calendar, and has black and white interiors

IMG_2575_zpsricgthon.jpg

Great thread. Not surprisingly, a few 'foreign' comics in here. I especially like the 192 and 194 page books. (thumbs u

A-33_zpscp7dkcdl.jpg

Whoa. That cover is AWESOME.

Any more info on it? What's the story about?

Mine would probably be this Australian variant. By this time, the U.S. series had converted to a Crime title. What cool irony golden age Hollywood gangster icon James Cagney would grace the cover of an issue of the Australian run

Headline%20Comics%20Australian%20Ed.%205_zpsfyyftb6h.jpg

It opens like a calendar, and has black and white interiors

IMG_2575_zpsricgthon.jpg

Very cool and unusual book. And it's not just Cagney; it's got J. Edgar and, apparently, includes "FBI cases." An indication, I guess, of the global reach of Hollywood, or American culture generally.

A-33_zpscp7dkcdl.jpg

Whoa. That cover is AWESOME.

Any more info on it? What's the story about?

That's a great cover. Is the guy walking on the bottom of the ocean or through a post-nuclear war landscape? hm