• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bigger SA Key: Fantastic Four 4 or Showcase 30
1 1

Bigger SA Key: FF4 or SC 30?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger SA Key: FF4 or SC 30?

26 posts in this topic

FF4 seems like the better book in regards to upside considering Marvel has not done anything with Namor yet. I can see this book exploding in price if he is used in anything (either TV or film).

Personally I would take a copy of FF4 over Showcase 30, but that's just me.

Namor is probably the most underrated Silver Age hero out there. He just gets no love. Look at his #1 issue compared to Iron Man #1, Cap #100 or Hulk #102, all came out about the same time. Plus he is not a household name as opposed to Aquaman. As stated above, more upside with FF 4.

FF4 seems like the better book in regards to upside considering Marvel has not done anything with Namor yet. I can see this book exploding in price if he is used in anything (either TV or film).

Personally I would take a copy of FF4 over Showcase 30, but that's just me.

FF4 is my preferred book.

I started this thread wondering why Namor has not gotten any push from Marvel. Hopefully, Marvel will give the Sub-Mariner his due...

Personally, I'd prefer showcase 30 as the book I'd choose for myself. With More Fun 73 being out of reach for some collectors, this is the "go to" book for Aquaman IMO. Both are cool books though. (thumbs u The FF $$ wise, was the stronger of the two books. In time, that may change but grade vs grade, there's still a big discrepancy.

Edited by Timeless icons

Submariner or Aquaman; Kirby & Lee or Miller (not that one (: ) & Fradon; the beginnings of the Marvel hero silver age being connected to the golden age or a typical silver age DC story in a pretty neat series.

I'd say FF 4 is the bigger key, and the one I'd rather read & re-read (are we allowed to consider that with keys, or is it all about the $$ ?)

Showcase is a neat series, though. I's sure like to own an early run.

I'd say FF 4 is the bigger key, and the one I'd rather read & re-read (are we allowed to consider that with keys, or is it all about the $$ ?)

I much prefer the story and art in FF 4 and could easily live without the other book, but then I'm not a SA speculator. I do feel it's the more historically significant.