• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Superhero Battle Stayed With You Emotionally?

55 posts in this topic

Daredevil vs. Bullseye in DD#159-161, 169-172, 181, 191, 200.

Daredevil vs. Elektra in DD#179.

Daredevil vs. the Hand in DD#174-176, 188-190.

Daredevil vs. Kingpin in DD#171.

Daredevil and Elektra vs. Bullseye in Elektra Lives Again graphic novel.

you read my mind acclaim.gif

How about Amazing Spider-Man #18-19? It's always been one of my very favorite Spidey storylines. Spidey retreats from the Sandman in #18 to take care of his sick Aunt May, then learns a lesson (from her!) about not giving up, and then comes out fighting and absolutely mops the floor with the Sandman, The Enforcers and loads of henchmen. From the shock of going an entire issue with Spidey refusing to fight, to the turning point when he reclaims his identity and comes out swinging. I'd have to say that storyline stayed with me emotionally. Great stuff!

I remember two Spidey's battles standing out: vs. juggernaut in asm 229? where spidey's holding madame web? and where he takes out firelord and the avengers have to pull Spidey off tongue.gif

Here I was thinking, "Man will I get [#@$%!!!] for the Firelord V Spidey fight being my favorite."

I'd say X-MEN 139-140 is one of my favourite all-time stories. cloud9.gif

x-men140.jpg

Thats a good one...but there is also... cloud9.gif

97792366288.141.GIF

Just like everybody else who posted here, whatever battles I was reading in books when I was 12.

When I was 12.... 893whatthe.gif

SECRETWARS4COVER.jpg

SECRETWARS4PG1.jpg

SECRETWARS4PG2.jpg

hail.gif

Love the Richards/Hulk banter!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Love the Richards/Hulk banter!!

He was trying to make the Hulk madder .... poke2.gif

I still remember reading that issue for the first time. Totally blew me away. Jim Shooter rules! cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Love the Richards/Hulk banter!!

He was trying to make the Hulk madder .... poke2.gif

i woulda kicked ole greenskin in the newtsack. that'd get his juices flowing, in a manner of speaking