• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a good story line

21 posts in this topic

Hi -- I am hoping for suggestions on a good, solid story line. The last great storyline i read was Batman New52 - Court of Owls / Death in the family

Any other good DC / new 52 story lines? Or what's good on the Marvel side?

Thanks!!

• New 52 Wonder Woman by Azzarello was interesting, if a little strange. It seemed like he was trying to do WW in the style of Neil Gaiman
  • Tynion's current run on Detective has been solid. Also Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Batman are worth a look.
  • Have you considered Image? They have a diverse offering of extended story arcs.
  • Jason Aaron Thor and Dr. Strange
  • All Star Superman?
  • Geoff Johns Green Lantern pre-new 52

Any other good DC / new 52 story lines?

I'm actually enjoying reading DC Rebirth Superman and Action Comics. I'm still waiting for the trades for DC Rebirth Flash, Wonder Woman and Titans which should be released this month, I believe. Hmm, Titans might be Feb.

Or what's good on the Marvel side?

Tom King Vision

Waid/Samnee Daredevil

Waid/Samnee Black Widow :cloud9:

Image has a lot of good stories albeit most are not superhero-based.

I too am bout that daredevil

IDW

Transformers: Death of Optimus Prime #1 (One Shot)

Transformers More than Meets the Eye 1-57

D-list characters, turned A-List, Megatron becomes an Autobot and renounces the Decepticon Movement.

Quantum Duplicates, Kill Switches, OVERLORD and the Decepticon Justice Division (whom tortures and eradicates anyone who defect from the Decepticon movement, including the Founder, Megatron)

There are a couple of books that crossover like the Annuals and for "Dark Cybertron" but otherwise smooth read.

If you wanna laugh your off, and read something a bit different, try I Hate Fairyland. This book is nothing short of great IMO. Others include:

Southern Bastards

Black Science

Scalped

Star Wars (marvel)

just a few off the top of my head

Hi -- I am hoping for suggestions on a good, solid story line. The last great storyline i read was Batman New52 - Court of Owls / Death in the family

Scott Snyder's American Vampire.