• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL POLL POLL! - Help a boardie decide! X-Men 1 goodness

X-men to buy  

180 members have voted

1. 1. X-men to buy

49 posts in this topic

Hey guys. The final decision was made.

I'm starting a journal series to show the end to end. It will conclude when I have my X-men in hand and my Stan Lee frame set-up.

Thanks for all the help.

Bruno

Original post below

--------------

Hi guys,

I've been around for a while, and this is my grail.

An upcoming event in Chicago has forced me to make this decision sooner rather than later.

The purpose of this comic is for me to keep and to have signed by Stan the man himself face to face.

I know to a lot of people X-Men 1 aren't that special. To me they are.

So with that in mind, I'd love to hear everyone's 2c

I'm including the prices as well.

Option a)

5990.jpg

Option b)

6175.jpg

Back cover of B.

6175back_Cover.jpg

Option c)

7500.jpg

Thank you all for your time!

Bruno

Without seeing a back cover, option B is the best book IMO

2zo9enp.gif

C is an easy last place for me. I don't like the centering and the shift to the right. Iceman's hand and the CCA stamp are cut off. And that white spine - :sick:

A looks the brightest, but that could just be the brightness of the scan. And it has some chipping and staining at the top right.

B's only flaw compare to the other two is the OW pages designation.

But just looking again before I hit submit, A has better centering along the spine with no roll. If you can see them in hand, it'll help a lot. Are the colors faded on A and the image adjusted on the brightness?

It's between A and B for me and if I had to choose, I guess I'd go with B because it has great centering and no chipping or staining.

I voted A since the price is lowest and the book looks like it wont be downgraded with the resub. In terms of future sale price I think most people just look at the number as long as the book does not have a ugly defect (which I don't think A or B have). I don't think you can go wrong with either A or B.

I didnt pick any

A, chip on right side of cover :sick:

B, heavy tanning :sick:

C, lots of general wear and don't like the centering :sick:

Thanks for giving your opinion.

I appreciate it, if you can find a nicer 6.0 I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Bruno

Back cover of B.

Couldn't get the back cover for A or C.

6175back_Cover.jpg

Huh? $6,000 book and they wouldn't send you a back cover scan when you requested it? I'm changing my vote to B if that is true.