• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to determine if it's worth getting resto removed?

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm looking at a book that has some Resto.

Restoration includes: moderate amount of color touch on cover and spine.

Grade Date: 06/02/2000

Category: Apparent SP

Has moderate amount of color touch on the cover and spine.

It's a 8.0 old label with Slight (P)

Thanks,

Bruno

Actually, the word Moderate scares me. That's usually a polite way of saying a lot. I've seen 'small' used where it was still too much to remove. Remember, they will probably have to scrape it off = loss of paper and/or color. I dislike the look of a scraped off CT for anything more than a dot or two. Bigger areas simply look terrible.

I suppose the P designation means there's some chance the ct is reversible, but to know for sure you would need to send it in to CCS to have them evaluate it.

Yes, the 'P' means the CT probably did not bleed through. 'Reversible' = it can be scraped off, not always desirable.

Pretty grainy but my guess is green top left corner, red to the left of "versus", purple bottom left corner, and between Icemans legs, possibly also bottom right corner. Hard to tell what's compression artifact or CT.

Not worth it now.

Just contacted them. No longer in stock.

Good. You didn't want to buy it in the first place. Color touch removal would be expensive and as Bob says it will look rather ugly with all the paper loss of the affected areas after being scraped off.

I recently looked at an FF 45 that had the comment "small amount of color touch on cover" once the book was in hand the color touch was very significant touching pretty much every area of black on the spine.