• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

Paratrooper -- just had to show off a little, this is sitting in my closet:

rangers_26_mine.jpg

Just packaged that up last week, it was sent to CW to get signed at the San Diego Con by Lily Renee. So in about 3 months I'll be posting some sweet Fiction House books in a pretty CGC SS holder all signed by Lily Renee (from what I've been told this is here first Convention appearance, don't think too many books have been signed by her).

The books I sent in for her signature are:

Rangers Comics #26 VF-

Wings Comics #45 GD/VG

Fight Comics #42 VF Crippen "D"

I just wish CGC would speed up their grading, I'm still waiting on the books I sent in for the San Jose con.

rangers_26_mine.jpg

Just packaged that up last week, it was sent to CW to get signed at the San Diego Con by Lily Renee. So in about 3 months I'll be posting some sweet Fiction House books in a pretty CGC SS holder all signed by Lily Renee (from what I've been told this is here first Convention appearance, don't think too many books have been signed by her).

Rangers Comics #26 VF-

Wings Comics #45 GD/VG

I just wish CGC would speed up their grading, I'm still waiting on the books I sent in for the San Jose con.

wow!!!!!! a beauty.

rangers_26_mine.jpg

Rangers Comics #26 VF-

Wings Comics #45 GD/VG

I just read on comic-con's site that she was going to be there!...Does anyone have a list of what GGA covers she did for fiction house?

I just read on comic-con's site that she was going to be there!...Does anyone have a list of what GGA covers she did for fiction house?

Did a quick scan of the GCD and found that Planet Comics 33, 35, 39 & Fight Comics 47 all have Renee covers. She may also have worked on the covers to Fight 37 & 40.

Hope that helps.

My very first Planet. I picked this beauty up a the Charlotte mini-con this Sunday. A very pretty book!!! Hopefully more will be coming soon.

— Rick

Planet64large.jpg

Outstanding choice and comic!!!

"I think Ghost Squadron is the berries" -- HAW! and apparently it's GOOD to be the berries

Good find, Scrooge.

Jack

(strictly hubba-hubba stuff)

Jack, here's an update on your berries. I was reading my Buzz Sawyer collection by Roy Crane this evening and came across more berries which I'll share with every one -

1659620-RoyCraneBuzzSawyerBerries.jpg

Thanks for lettin' me in on the hot cob, Scrooge. Includin' the butter and salt.

Jack

(lovely strip)

Here's a much anticipated "berries" update! This time it's in E.C. Segar Thimble Theater from November 15, 1928. Here's what Castor Oyl (accompanied by the whiffle hen) has to say -

41470-PopeyeBerries.jpg.4db8b1181ea33b808911667bddf90cf1.jpg

"I think Ghost Squadron is the berries" -- HAW! and apparently it's GOOD to be the berries

Good find, Scrooge.

Jack

(strictly hubba-hubba stuff)

Jack, here's an update on your berries. I was reading my Buzz Sawyer collection by Roy Crane this evening and came across more berries which I'll share with every one -

Here's a much anticipated "berries" update! This time it's in E.C. Segar Thimble Theater from November 15, 1928. Here's what Castor Oyl (accompanied by the whiffle hen) has to say -

41470-PopeyeBerries.jpg

"When all you have is shortcake and whipped cream, everything looks like the berries."

Jack

I think we're all jake on this bus.

Edited by selegue

Just in today...

Wings104.jpg

Anyone else annoyed with store stickers on CGC cases? This one arrived with a Heritage lot # sticker on the front and a large Metropolis sticker on the back. I know they can be taken off, but even while encapsulated I hate putting any kind of liquid near the comic to get the sticky residue away.

Just in today...

Wings104.jpg

Anyone else annoyed with store stickers on CGC cases? This one arrived with a Heritage lot # sticker on the front and a large Metropolis sticker on the back. I know they can be taken off, but even while encapsulated I hate putting any kind of liquid near the comic to get the sticky residue away.

Nice GGA cover!!! (worship)

I want to put that run together one of these days