• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,647 posts in this topic

My very first Mile High book, and it is a Fiction House. Lovin' it!!

fight83.jpg

With that check mark on the cover I think that's a Cosmic Aeroplane, not a MH. Look for more interior check marks.

West

Good point, West.

Steve did have a couple inexpensive and attractive Church FH copies contact him if this one turns out to be other than Church.

Picked this up at Chicago courtesy of Mr. Bedrock. My second Planet, and second favorite cover after the woman in the bubble (#44). "Death Rays From the Sun!" gets me.

planet43vp2.jpg

Picked this up at Chicago courtesy of Mr. Bedrock. My second Planet, and second favorite cover after the woman in the bubble (#44). "Death Rays From the Sun!" gets me.

planet43vp2.jpg

Hey, I got my copy of that book from MrBedrock, too (luvin' it).

Check out the Futura story, which starts in this issue - who is this "John Douglas" anyway?

thats a great punch cover!

i love mangled legs and postion of the arms of the vic.

more than a slap if you ask me......

I love those wings covers, fortunately for me, Wings Comics has a huge run of paratrooper covers. Actually it has more trooper covers than any other title on my list.

Thanks! Can't go wrong with a b itch slapping Nazi cover!

or maybe a Kuna-slapping cover.

Why the backwards swastika? Because the US hadn't entered the war yet so it wasn't the "real" Nazis? Or just an error?

Jack

Actually, the swastika was a historical symbol for many cultures...a lot of the time depicted backwards or upside down. I know the Chinese used it centuries before the Germans adopted and warped it's meaning. I am drunk so forget most of it's history at the moment, but will probably remember tomorrow.