• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

She looks real enough to me :kidaround:

lol amateur restoration

Fight-44.jpg

Intense colors!!! :applause:

What is it that makes the red pigments fade so badly on some of these books? Just a poor pigment?

I'm convinced they were printed cheaply and came off the press with very inconsistent colors due to inks with insufficient pigment. One of the signs of inks that fade will be lots of books where part of the book was exposed to light and part wasn't, resulting in dramatic difference in color between those two sections. With FH you see uniform lousy cover colors on book after book. When you examine the pedigrees you see a great deal of inconsistency where one issue in the run will have excellent colors and the next issue lousy colors, but always the same intensity of color across any individual book. The are some exceptions to this rule, don't get me started about Charltons or Superiors :sumo: ), but FH does not match up with the major examples where I know the inks are problematic.