• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,653 posts in this topic

You know, I just looked at a long box of Fiction Houses (including Jungles etc. and there were Planets available not in the box) but they had a musty odor -- otherwise, really nice books... didn't buy any yet as I just didn't know enough about them, but would have been able to get them for around half guide or so.

You know, I just looked at a long box of Fiction Houses (including Jungles etc. and there were Planets available not in the box) but they had a musty odor -- otherwise, really nice books... didn't buy any yet as I just didn't know enough about them, but would have been able to get them for around half guide or so.

I believe your PM inbox will implode soon ...

Were you able to figure if the odor came from storage conditions or because the books had been sealed for a long time?

What grade range were the books?

:popcorn:

I have to think storage conditions. There's no mold or anything, but a very strong odor. Generally the grade range was like VG - VF. They were all really nice books except that odor.

I probably could pick those up -- I should be buying a nice large run of DC war bronze age and I can buy the Fiction House as well I suppose, Planets won't be til the end of December though.