• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,637 posts in this topic

Thanks. Strangleholding animals seemed to be popular in the '30's and '40's. I not only see Tarzan do it all the time, but even Flash Gordon got in on the fun -

93453.jpg

That's a gorgeous drawing. Who did it?

Whatever happened to the Best Jungle cover poll?

I got distracted by something shiny.

Actually, I got distracted by a redhead. She's still distracting me.

Just funning ya! :baiting: Got to hear you're the right kind of distracted.

Added these 2 as well, one from Fuelman and the other from FD (off eBay). I guess I am turning into a Jungle collector (shrug)

93483.jpg.6eac58e895264fdc7b4b8e0e011e121f.jpg

93484.jpg.bf839700811e934213cc3ab15cdac8ea.jpg

I'd love to upgrade this someday, but it's not an easy book to find. Still, I wouldn't mind having a copy with more red in the logo and blood.

799906-fight31.jpg

brutal

love having my eyes opened to new cool books to collect... I wonder if there is a decapitation thread somewhere hm

:bump:

Filled this one spot. Been waiting for a "red" copy :D

That's a nice copy. How about a trade for those New Frontiers? :baiting:

You already have a bright copy, doofus :makepoint:

But mine is more orangey than red. :baiting:

What can I say? You're still the lucky one living so close to A-1. If I was there, we would be having fisticuffs over those FH books :sumo:

Btw, this cover was better before the art change :frustrated:

Originally, the gorilla was not so. It was a hybrid Man / Ape monstrosity ... but I guess the editor for fear of a hint at miscegenation (for lack of a more adequate term) decided to back down and go full gorilla. What a shame!

What can I say? You're still the lucky one living so close to A-1. If I was there, we would be having fisticuffs over those FH books :sumo:

Btw, this cover was better before the art change :frustrated:

Originally, the gorilla was not so. It was a hybrid Man / Ape monstrosity ... but I guess the editor for fear of a hint at miscegenation (for lack of a more adequate term) decided to back down and go full gorilla. What a shame!

You can travel to Sacramento without worrying about fisticuffs. I've been through all of Brian's FH boxes multiple times. They're pretty much cherry-picked unless he got a new collection I haven't seen. (And the last collection he got in with FH, I cherry-picked the Planet 29! So yeah, I'm fortunate in that respect.)

And speaking of fisticuffs, have you seen this: