• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,640 posts in this topic

OK, time to come out. Over the last twelve months I've found myself picking up the odd FH book now and then, all the while telling myself it wasn't serious and I could give up anytime.

Enough is enough. My name's AJD, and I have a problem.

wings_069.jpg

wings_073.jpg

wings_088.jpg

wings_091.jpg

wings_092.jpg

wings_105-1.jpg

You say you " have a problem". I don't see a problem, what I do see is an eye for cool books.

Keep up the good work!!

:gossip: Welcome to the FH club, I think your gonna like it here.

My name's AJD, and I have a problem.

6 FH comics! I'll say you have a problem. You're going to need a lot more. (:

One of the nicest problems to have! Sweets books AJD... I've been outside looking into the FH world recently. If I weren't a broke-azz student now, I think I'd suffer the same affliction as you. Until then, I guess I can live vicariously.

My name's AJD, and I have a problem.

6 FH comics! I'll say you have a problem. You're going to need a lot more. (:

I may have a problem also... :shy:

PlanetComics19.jpg

It sure looks serious. hm

Uusually bright colors on this copy (strange how a mere vg copy of a Fiction House comic can sometimes be much more colorful than a hi grade copy!)

PlanetComics2540.jpg

I've noticed that too that some of the best colors are on vg-f Fiction House books.

It is really a gem when you find high grade and bold colors.

Uusually bright colors on this copy (strange how a mere vg copy of a Fiction House comic can sometimes be much more colorful than a hi grade copy!)

PlanetComics2540.jpg

Is that the copy just sold on Heritage that I forgot to bid on?

PlanetComics2540.jpg

I can't confirm or deny that the book is from the last Heritage, Alanna will have to answer that.

Below IS a Planet from the last Heritage that I forgot to bid on :frustrated:

It has the BEST coloring I have ever seen on a #53.

000d15c9.jpg

PlanetComics2540.jpg

I forget.

lol Sorry Sean, couldnt resist that - yes it is the Heritage copy. I loaded my bid a day or two early and no-one overtook me, but it was a dead heat so I paid every cent I thought it was worth. I see lots of copies of this issue, but very few with the deep colors and it really needs them, being, for me, one of the more prosaic covers. Not that anyone should care, but it also completes a run from #12 to #30. (Still need 9 out of the first 11 though!)

I've noticed that too that some of the best colors are on vg-f Fiction House books.

It is really a gem when you find high grade and bold colors.

Bold colors are more important to me than technical grade with Fiction House. Care to show us a few of the elite Kelly? I'll go first.

Here are a couple of "unreal" copies I've posted before! The intense colors give a vivid sense of enormous space, light and motion:

WingsComics7680.jpg

WingsComics8580.jpg

..and this is the deepest color I've seen on this particular issue, which I think is fairly scarce anyway.

WingsComics8955.jpg

Note to self: STOP LOOKING AT THIS THREAD :frustrated:

Yes, because Scarcest Centaurs? The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24) The Wonder Woman all the Time thread Golden Age Collection any other Gold Comics Forrum thread will so much less tempting stuff. :eek:

Well, yes:

Centaurs have poopy art

Early Actions, I can't afford

Wonder Woman ... well, you got me there. I am probably a couple of months away from buying my first issue of Sensation :pullhair:

Golden Age Collection: I still hold out hope that BZ will adopt me :wishluck: