• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

I never got into buying any FICTION HOUSE Comics because

growing up they were in my Barber Shop to read while waiting

for a haircut...so I read them there and didn't have to buy them.

I have only two that I bought...JUMBO COMICS #79 and #121.

mm

I believe you're doing fine for yourself :shrug:

I think he's doing fantastic! (worship)

None of the high quality GA collections I'm aware of were put together over night. It usually takes a decade or two to assemble a critical mass but even then you have to keep slogging for each little gain.

Nor was it very easy to do prior to the advent of CGC and the internet based commercial venues. These have really matured in the last few years as we are seeing enormous quantities of high quality GA books regularly coming up for sale, many for the first time.

I do realize that certain items may be locked away in long-held collections and others may have sky-rocketed in price, but I still feel that even if I started over today I would still find interesting books in the condition I like at a price I can afford.

None of the high quality GA collections I'm aware of were put together over night. It usually takes a decade or two to assemble a critical mass but even then you have to keep slogging for each little gain.

Nor was it very easy to do prior to the advent of CGC and the internet based commercial venues. These have really matured in the last few years as we are seeing enormous quantities of high quality GA books regularly coming up for sale, many for the first time.

I do realize that certain items may be locked away in long-held collections and others may have sky-rocketed in price, but I still feel that even if I started over today I would still find interesting books in the condition I like at a price I can afford.

agreed. i've been having a ball with the raboy addiction these last two years, and have done it pretty economically.

agreed. i've been having a ball with the raboy addiction these last two years, and have done it pretty economically.

I concur. It's only been within the last few years that I've been looking for high grade books and have had many to choose from, certainly enough to exhaust my available cash (thumbs u

Just back from CGC. Best coloring I've ever seen on a #88, which is in my top 3 favorite Wings Comics covers. I love the color of the sky in the background.

First pic is from iPhone (I don't have a scanner).

Second pic from a scan from the person I bought it from pre CGC.

08cb4c9a.jpg

796864c2.jpg

Oh Wow! One of my FAVORITE books! The colors on this copy are amazing!!! (worship)

100_1756.jpg

Blah, I need a 34 as well. And now that I've seen the colors on Steve's, it's going to be even harder to find one that I'll be happy with...

It's an old pic from the glossinator, Mike. :gossip:

The cover is such a trip - from the orange cone huts in the background, to the checkerboard foreground, the albino aliens, and the girl... the girl who is... staring... right... at... us... with.... those... eyes!

100_1756.jpg

Blah, I need a 34 as well. And now that I've seen the colors on Steve's, it's going to be even harder to find one that I'll be happy with...

It's an old pic from the glossinator, Mike. :gossip:

The cover is such a trip - from the orange cone huts in the background, to the checkerboard foreground, the albino aliens, and the girl... the girl who is... staring... right... at... us... with.... those... eyes!

That's two FH books you've posted with incredible blues. I've only seen one copy of this book for sale since I've been collecting the title and it paled (pun intended) in comparison.