• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

River City

Planet72.jpg

Luv this cover! But I can never figure out how this green guy is holding her, we dont see his other arm anywhere -- maybe he is balancing her on his sholder? (shrug)

Edited by AtlasFan

Bob Lubbers did some prior work for Centaur - a solid artist, he was capable of both somewhat crude and somewhat remarkable efforts.

Thnx for posting those, Michael - frankly, I was unaware of this FH title.

Well, it's outside of your core focus being published circa 1947. It's a neat title. Each issue starts off with a George Tuska job wherein a witch which look exactly like Mr. Crime runs amok. It's funny for that but also a treat for the Al Walker stories (think Norge Benson in Toyland).

Jungle Comics 75 animal and girl in distress cover

jungle75.jpg

Love this cover! I've now got it and a few other Jungle Comics on my radar. I don't think I'm insane enough to want a complete run of any title, but I'd really like to have a handful of issues from a bunch of FH titles. I've already got a Wings 90, and I just secured these 2 yesterday:

Jungle-69.jpg

Jungle-135.jpg

Finally joined a club I've wanted in on for some time... :banana:

Rangers_26.jpg

That's right - covers with P-40s on them.

Nice book. I think alot of people want in the club, it is a very sought after book.

Very attractive Saaf cover. :applause:

YES! Killer Rangers 26! Congrats!

To add to the 2 I just picked up above, I snagged this one for a good deal over the weekend:

$T2eC16NHJHoE9n3Kd2J,BP51to7oVQ~~60_57.JPG

Guys, this might be a stupid question but given the problem FH books have with dull or incomplete colors on their covers, how do you determine if a copy is colored the way it's supposed to be? Is it just based on experience, after seeing multiple copies of a book? For example, every time I see orange on a book, I'm inclined to assume it's supposed to be red which may or may not be the case.

I ask because I've begun dipping my toe into FH, but I don't want to buy a book with incomplete/weak colors.