• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,651 posts in this topic

I haven't posted this one in this thread yet. A recent purchase , here is the scan from when I bought it. Looks just as bright in hand. This issue is notoriously pale orange. This one is toward the red end of the orange spectrum.

16e6fbdcd6d64c45ee0af4fe55625e67.jpg

I have always loved this cover. I especially like how even her hair is pinned down in several spots.

RE: Rangers Comics#26 Is this considered a Classic Cover ?

It is noted on my CGC label as Classic Cover but there is one in a current auction that is missing this notation. Was it just missed or did the Classic Cover designation for this book only realized recently ?

Have 10 minutes to scan a couple of Rangers I got recently. I have made the mistake in the past to be a fool and to dismiss the Firehair cover Rangers to be "with the crowd". These are TERRIFIC books with excellent interiors. Every story is well worth the price of the entire book with:

Bob Lubbers on Firehair

Giovanni Benvenuti on Sky Rangers

Enrico Bagnoli on Jan of the Jungle

Reuben Moreira on I Confess

Iger Shop on Glory Forbes (very Bakerish girls without being complete Baker)

George Evans on Tiger Man

Rangers41.jpg

Rangers43.jpg

Rangers44.jpg

Rangers46.jpg

Have 10 minutes to scan a couple of Rangers I got recently. I have made the mistake in the past to be a fool and to dismiss the Firehair cover Rangers to be "with the crowd". These are TERRIFIC books with excellent interiors. Every story is well worth the price of the entire book with:

Bob Lubbers on Firehair

Giovanni Benvenuti on Sky Rangers

Enrico Bagnoli on Jan of the Jungle

Reuben Moreira on I Confess

Iger Shop on Glory Forbes (very Bakerish girls without being complete Baker)

George Evans on Tiger Man

Good to know! And from reading or skimming a handful of Wings, I believe you. The best FH covers might have been early-to-mid 40s, but seems like the interiors really got cooking GGA-wise a few years later.

Just received this from the last Comiclink auction.

Looks better in hand than grade. If grader's notes didn't cost so much, I would be very tempted to see what they say. In the end I guess it doesn't matter, I am just happy to own a 34.

image-13.jpg

Looks better in hand than grade. If grader's notes didn't cost so much, I would be very tempted to see what they say. In the end I guess it doesn't matter, I am just happy to own a 34.

image-13.jpg

Glad you got that one! I was an underbidder. I might have gone higher if I hadn't already won so many books. (thumbs u

image-13.jpg

Phenomenal cover. That one was from the Mark Austin collection -

If not for a slight dust shadow on the lower back cover I think this mile high is a 9.8

:applause:

Super nice book!! I really like this cover. Zolnerowich sure knew how to create some great covers.

Mile High fiction house are usually a step (or sometimes 2,3,or 4) above all others.