• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

That is the most seriously out of register cover I've ever seen on a comic book, or any book. I can't believe they actually sent that to the bindery.

recent Fiction House acquisition:

PlanetComics48front_zpsec2cc50f.jpg

PlanetComics48doublecoverfrontA2_zps210f067d.jpg

0b512ada-c641-4510-bb26-190d8822c24d_zps66651556.jpg

I also acquired these 2:

PlanetComics34front_zps85c6ec39.jpg

T2eC16RQE9s3HE3nIBQSJGHF60_3_zps70ffdf6e.jpg

That is the most seriously out of register cover I've ever seen on a comic book, or any book. I can't believe they actually sent that to the bindery.

recent Fiction House acquisition:

PlanetComics48front_zpsec2cc50f.jpg

PlanetComics48doublecoverfrontA2_zps210f067d.jpg

0b512ada-c641-4510-bb26-190d8822c24d_zps66651556.jpg

I also acquired these 2:

PlanetComics34front_zps85c6ec39.jpg

T2eC16RQE9s3HE3nIBQSJGHF60_3_zps70ffdf6e.jpg

I agree, and it is on the extra cover to!

I love this book.

:cloud9:

It actually adds to the interest. Some people specifically collect mis-registered covers.

A mis-registered double cover may be close to unique, especially in this grade. (I certainly cant think of another.)

Plus this copy has beautiful colors, which all of us FH geeks highly prize.

Extraordinary book!

It actually adds to the interest. Some people specifically collect mis-registered covers.

A mis-registered double cover may be close to unique, especially in this grade. (I certainly cant think of another.)

Extraordinary book!

Thanks for the comments. I absolutely adore the book, and it has quickly rose to the top of my collection as one of my favorites. The colors are incredible in hand and then you open it up and see the interior cover..it is incredible.

Extraordinary book!

Thanks for the comments. I absolutely adore the book, and it has quickly rose to the top of my collection as one of my favorites. The colors are incredible in hand and then you open it up and see the interior cover..it is incredible.

My copy of Planet 48 is faded but in register but I still don't like it as much as Planet 22 (next to 48 in the bottom row) which is a little beat up.

8189559268_7aa75247d0_b.jpg

My copy of Planet 48 is faded but in register but I still don't like it as much as Planet 22 (next to 48 in the bottom row) which is a little beat up.

#66 and #72 look very pretty also - and you don't often see such deep reds on a #22!

Edited by Flex Mentallo

#66 and #72 look very pretty also - and you don't often see such deep reds on a #22!

2765822649_7f409989bd.jpg

Perhaps that is why I like Planet 22 more than 48. I think the edge is trimmed in photoshop but the color is pretty authentic.

Delighted to have another copy of this tough issue after selling my previous copy a year ago. (This is actually an upgrade!) Nice paper and gloss are its saving graces.

PlanetComics1425_zps8cb19f02.jpg

It is easy to brighten the colors a little electronically but it takes time to hide all of the wrinkles (which I didn't do) as seen on your copy of Planet 14.

9550009640_d3f3339155_c.jpg

I've been waiting for a bunch of books to come back from CGC and they finally got here last week. Here are some or the nicer ones.

Kaanga10_zps3957f4af.jpg

Kaanga9_zps5afc76bf.jpg

Jumbo107_zps7b061350.jpg

Fight77_zps3f6b56c9.jpg

Dang! These books look like they were printed this morning!