• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

I placed this on a different thread, but did not want you Fiction House junkies to miss this one.

Happy New Year!

jb

Here is one commission which I just got .. thru pure luck (and persistence) .....Ms. Lily Renee (Phillips)- who drew for Fiction House in the mid 1940s and did some tremendous work....-could not understand why I would want her to recreate one of her covers....

Though out of comics for over fifty years.....she can "still ride a bicycle".....

No brainer, don't ya think????

1557245-planet35copy.JPG

I placed this on a different thread, but did not want you Fiction House junkies to miss this one.

Happy New Year!

jb

Here is one commission which I just got .. thru pure luck (and persistence) .....Ms. Lily Renee (Phillips)- who drew for Fiction House in the mid 1940s and did some tremendous work....-could not understand why I would want her to recreate one of her covers....

Though out of comics for over fifty years.....she can "still ride a bicycle".....

No brainer, don't ya think????

1557245-planet35copy.JPG

No brainer! headbang.gif

The blues are over-saturated due to my scanner.

Ranger25.jpg

That's a very ugly copy. You should sell it to me and get it out of your house.

Where's the envy graemlin? NICE book.

Stunning adam (and I didn't know you collected FH...?)!

STEVE

Collect FH? Me? Why would I do a crazy thing like that? confused-smiley-013.gif

PlanetSetSm.jpg

bumpit.gif

So I was reading my beat-up copy of Wings 86 -

1646912-Wings86.jpg

and came to the very interesting Letter Col. It's great to see the quick market survey about what the readers like in the mag: having them parcel out how much they like to think they have spent their dime is ingenious. Notice also that a lot of the readers were female. To top that, we hear from Steve Ritter and Dotty Rozanski. This hobby is really not changing fast over time. Maybe some one can forward the pic to Steve if he doesn't know about this.

1646912-Wings86LetterCol.jpg

1646912-Wings86LetterCol.jpg.1bcf894852fa84e0e4fb80e9b7ad88f8.jpg

bumpit.gif

1646912-Wings86.jpg

and came to the very interesting Letter Col. It's great to see the quick market survey about what the readers like in the mag: having them parcel out how much they like to think they have spent their dime is ingenious. Notice also that a lot of the readers were female. To top that, we hear from Steve Ritter and Dotty Rozanski. This hobby is really not changing fast over time. Maybe some one can forward the pic to Steve if he doesn't know about this.

That is just brilliant 893applaud-thumb.gif Steven Ritter was a man of few words though blush.gif but i would have to agree with him

How 'bout that Wayne Morrison? "First comic-book geek flame war (1947)" -- somebody call Overstreet!

"I think Ghost Squadron is the berries" -- HAW! and apparently it's GOOD to be the berries

Good find, Scrooge.

Jack

(strictly hubba-hubba stuff)

How 'bout that Wayne Morrison? "First comic-book geek flame war (1947)" -- somebody call Overstreet!

"I think Ghost Squadron is the berries" -- HAW! and apparently it's GOOD to be the berries

Good find, Scrooge.

Jack

(strictly hubba-hubba stuff)

27_laughing.gif Yeah this LC had it all so I had to post it. Hopefully some one with earlier Wings can show us what the infamous Wayne Morrison said. I'm curious too!

So I'm assuming you're not selling it to me at cost then. hail.gifthumbsup2.gif Bondage cover Fiction Houses are like crystal meth.

sorry.gif

This one is a keeper for the moment. It was advertised as a 7.0, but I think it's a solid VF.

...yeah, I am already looking for others. 893censored-thumb.gif

So I'm assuming you're not selling it to me at cost then. hail.gifthumbsup2.gif Bondage cover Fiction Houses are like crystal meth.

"Bondage cover Fiction Houses" is almost redundant.

Nice book, btw, October. Since you wouldn't sell me that Terrors 20, how about you sell me the Fight 41?