• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

sweet books. I'm debating which title among Jungle, Jumbo, Fight, and Rangers to round out my top 5 GA. I've always preferred Jungle to Jumbo, based on the type of books you just posted.

Jungle is my favorite FH title... seen overall. Planet comes second but the early planet covers are the best FH ever produced imo. I always thought Jumbo inferior to Jungle , but still a great title. hell all FH books are sweet yay.gif

Jungle 69

jungle69.jpg

nice bondage... note how her position tied to the boat seems to put forward her,,,, ehh.. natural attributes blush.gif

The guy in the foreground with the arrow through his neck makes this one headbang.gif!

Nice books all the way around MD! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Jungle 69

jungle69.jpg

nice bondage... note how her position tied to the boat seems to put forward her,,,, ehh.. natural attributes blush.gif

The guy in the foreground with the arrow through his neck makes this one headbang.gif!

Thanks Bill, and realising i havent congratulated you yet:

Congratulations on your marvelous grail purchase !!!!!

wow... i would settle for seeing a TEC 27 in person maybe paying 10 bucks to be allowed to touch it.. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Jungle 69

jungle69.jpg

wow... i would settle for seeing a TEC 27 in person maybe paying 10 bucks to be allowed to touch it.. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Thanks MD! If you make it to Chicago Con, you can hold it for free! grin.gif

Do any of you ever feel sorry for Whitman, him doing beautiful art for Fiction House in the early 1950s when we know the entire line is doomed for imminent failure? Imagine if he had been working for Marvel in the early 1960s. He'd probably be as famous as Kirby nowadays.

Whitman's skills grew tremendously over the course of 1949 to 1952 and I do think he was a major talent who could have transitioned to the SA. I've read an off-hand comment that he had a serious drinking problem and that, more than anything, kept him from greater success. I saw some original art for sale that he did for Dell in the late 50s or early 60s. A portion of it showed the old spark but most didn't -- though that may partly be due to the rates that Dell paid.

That poor girl in the leopard skin bikini sure gets attacked and tied up a lot.

Yeah. Why is she the only one to have all the fun. sign-rantpost.gif

bah who doesnt.. i frequently put on MY leopard skin bikini and tie myself up! wait a second... did i say that? 893whatthe.gif

bah who doesnt.. i frequently put on MY leopard skin bikini and tie myself up! wait a second... did i say that? 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif ..... blush.gif

Jungle 69

jungle69.jpg

Thanks MD! If you make it to Chicago Con, you can hold it for free! grin.gif

i could earn some good mileage on that trip 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

too bad i only have business trips in europe and africa.. and our Area manager sitting in Cape Town becomes very absent minded whenever i mention vacation 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well I have officially entered the Fiction House Collectors Club. Only have 4 books, but it's a start. Granted, my books aren't the HG gems some of you guys have.

My First acquisition, was a gift from OldGuy or Pvertyrow, I forget now.

Jumbo Comics #139

jumbo139.jpg

This book along with the next one were both in the same lot in a recent Heritage auction. Paid a little more than I wanted to, but still got a couple great books. There is some soiling on both books, especially near the spine.

Wings Comics #78

wings78.jpg

My second book was a very cheap Ebay win. There is a obvious blemish on the cover as well as a red dot bleed through. Very clean and tight copy otherwise.

Fight Comics #42

I almost bid on that copy but the blemish put me off too much.

The Wings issue with the boat being air-dropped is a favorite of mine (as far as non-GGA Wings go). Way to go. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My second book was a very cheap Ebay win. There is a obvious blemish on the cover as well as a red dot bleed through. Very clean and tight copy otherwise.

Fight Comics #42

I almost bid on that copy but the blemish put me off too much.

Yeah, I figured the price outweighed the damage. It's a great reader copy, and I can upgrade down the road.

I'd love to upgrade this someday, but it's not an easy book to find. Still, I wouldn't mind having a copy with more red in the logo and blood.

799906-fight31.jpg

Just fooling around with this image....I thought it looked kind of cool....THAT'S a GREAT cover with BAD COLOR....you almost don't notice any details due to the fact that the DRAB GREEN seems to almost blend into one color...anyhow...check this out......
FIGHT.jpg
FIGHT2.jpg