• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

...Thanks mate! thumbsup2.gif Yep, I'm slowly plugging away on a run of these early Jungles. Started collecting them for the Fletcher Hanks Fantomah stories, but between the covers and the other bizarre stories there's plenty more to like!

Actually, she looks surprisingly blasé, considering that she's tied to a charging rhino.

I'm having trouble picturing the guys tying her to the rhino. Did she pass out after her fifth margarita and this was some kind of frat-boy prank?

"Here's the rope. Tie her on."

"Why do I always have to tie the babe to the enraged jungle beast?"

"Cuz your'e the pledge."

Great looking book. Is there a Fantomah (sp?) in this issue?

Jack

Here's a Jungle #4 I picked up recently. Is there a crankier-looking couple on any GA cover? She looks pissed off about being tied to a charging rhino, he looks pissed off about having to deal with it. I guess you can't blame them though.

1872485-jungle4sm.jpg

27_laughing.gif......."hunny can you get me off this rhino"...."damn can't you do anything yourself"

That is a great book! thumbsup2.gif

Yep! It's the same story Ryan was kind enough to post about a month ago...the villain who manipulates an army of gorillas until they turn on him and tear him apart (literally).

Yep! It's the same story Ryan was kind enough to post about a month ago...the villain who manipulates an army of gorillas until they turn on him and tear him apart (literally).

Thanks. That was a gem.

I've got to get the F Hanks book soon.

Jack

Thanks! I actually outbid October on this book at the last 4 seconds.....I love bidnip

edit: Just mailed this book off today to CW at Fantastic Comics to have it signed by Lily Renee at the San Diego Con. Can't wait!

Edited by Paratrooper

That's the one. I paid a lot for it, but it is a VERY tough book to find, especially in any kind of grade because of the black cover. It really is pretty in hand.

People give Richie Muchin major *spoon* all the time, but he knows the Golden Age marketplace, and he has said Fight 28 and 31 are much harder to find than the Fights around them. I'm quite pleased with it.

That's the one. I paid a lot for it, but it is a VERY tough book to find, especially in any kind of grade because of the black cover. It really is pretty in hand.

People give Richie Muchin major *spoon* all the time, but he knows the Golden Age marketplace, and he has said Fight 28 and 31 are much harder to find than the Fights around them. I'm quite pleased with it.

Thanks FD. So I was correct to be wowed by the final price. It is one of the best and most striking covers in that range with the black and red. Nice score. cool.gif

What a killer cover, FD! thumbsup2.gif