• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

My only win. Expensive, considering the grade, but it's the hottest Batgirl cover I've ever seen. Adams knew how to draw his ladies....

RAD0B4E92012313_164458.jpg

Congrats on that one, love that cover. I'm definitely interested in that issue to go with my 385 Rocky Mountain copy. I was looking for a bit higher grade though.

Yeah. RM pedigree or not, that wrap was horrble. I couldn't see myself chasing after that one.

Congrats on the others though. :)

Thanks.

I agree, but for some reason I'm on a rocky mountain buying spree and I find myself buying these things regardless of cost. The underbid was pretty high though so someone else must have wanted it moderately badly as well.

(shrug)

Yeah, I'm pretty sold on the RM books myself. Thought about chasing tne Kirby New Gods RM run that's up right now, but stayed disciplined about it and told myself to just stick with BA Bats.

I have a RM Tec 443 in the mail right now from Heritage as well.

Wow B and B #93.... Batman visits the House of Mystery in "Red Water, Crimson Death." -script by Denny O'Neil, art and cover by Neal Adams.

Just bought a reader off Ebay.... Will be my first House of Mystery comic since I was nine or ten years old... 35 years ago, but who's counting...

Can't wait!!

How's the story? My copy is entombed in plastic in my basement never to see the light of day or know the touch of a human.

I read my copy last night and I enjoyed it. Batman tries to take a well needed

vacation and gets tangled up with some crooks trying to scare the local people

from an old castle off an island near the coast of Ireland. Adam's inside art is as

good if not better than this awesome cover. :cloud9:

BB93.jpg

Art wise, I think this is Adams in his full stride of the period. Just flatout awesome. It's oddly more colorful than some of the other stories he drew as well.

I first caught this story in the treasury sized "Batman's Strangest Cases" in the mid-'70s. Ever since then, it's always been one of my favorite books. In fact, all the stories in that edition were either great or considered key books, reprinting Bats 227, BB 93, Tec 410, and Swamp Thing 7.

I wasn't around for Batman in the early seventies, I don't think I started reading Comics until probably the very end of the seventies to the early eighties so I completely missed all the goodness that came out in the early seventies. Now, I've discovered a lot of the covers so I've been picking them up but I have no plans of breaking them out of their cases.

I have been thinking about picking up the Batman Illustrated books that were published in the early 2000s. I've read some of the reviews and have seen some criticism of the recoloring done in the Vol 2. Has anyone seen these books? If so, what do you think?

Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams vol 2

I have all 3 volumes. The recoloring, to borrow another poster's quote, is quite jarring if you're used to the original books. Like many, I don't personally like it, but I'll accept it as this is the only way to get all of Adam's Batman work in a collected volume (even covers for books he didn't draw). In some cases, Adams did more than just recolor. He did a George Lucas and redrew some panels that he did not like. A little distracting, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the series nevertheless.

The best thing about the books is that if you go from vol 1 to 3, you will definitely see his art style steadily evolve and mature over time. Most of the stories have not aged well, especially those in vol 1, but by the time Denny O'Neil comes on board, it does get better and you will appreciate how far the O'Neil/Adams team took the character. Of course, by vol 3, this team is in full stride and it is here where you have the best stories collected.

Here are a couple of new group shots. Wish I had done this a couple of months ago while I still had all of the slabbed undercopies and the others on the way to CGC to add to the photos. doh!

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

[imgIMG_1974.jpg

Here are a couple of new group shots. Wish I had done this a couple of months ago while I still had all of the slabbed undercopies and the others on the way to CGC to add to the photos. doh!

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

[imgIMG_1974.jpg

Nice grouping there Kimik. :applause:

Thanks, but they are not all high grade like the last hoard (VF or better). Some of the books are just in the 3.0 - 6.0 range from auction lot wins. Most of the higher grade dupes have been slabbed and sold over the past 6 months.

Just won this tonight. An upgrade from my 8.5 with OW/W pages. Actually, I was not expecting to win it. Final hammer price was $164.49 shipped for what I think is a very tough book to find in high grade. I guess it flew under the radar.

1093440005a.jpg

Just won this tonight. An upgrade from my 8.5 with OW/W pages. Actually, I was not expecting to win it. Final hammer price was $164.49 shipped for what I think is a very tough book to find in high grade. I guess it flew under the radar.

1093440005a.jpg

Nice pickup (thumbs u

Nice pick up, I was thinking about this one, along with the Bats 230, but I've spent just a wee too much this month.

Those are beautiful colors on that book.

This book is hard to find in a 9.8 due to the black background.

A huge key because it's the death of the original Golden Age Batman.

I truly believed this comic is so undervalued.

AdventureComics462.jpg