• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

Is your Avatar a Stan Sakai sketch you had done at the con? He did a nice one of Jei for me last year. cloud9.gif

Yep. Another piece of Stan Sakai artwork for me. The full piece is in the Original Art thread in Comic General. He's a great guy and very friendly.

Couple of my faves! thumbsup2.gif

In case people were unaware, Tec 405-406 represent the first League of Assassins stories, which led directly to the first Talia in Tec 411, and of course the first Ras in Bat 232.

I've always thought Tec 405 was one of Adams' very best Bat-covers. 893applaud-thumb.gif

OK, don't dis me because I'm putting a Silver book up here, but that's 'cuz I don't know those Silver guys. I had never seen this cover before and came upon two of them in San Diego. Price says $40 but I got almost 50% off. I forgot his name but the drummer of System Of A Down had a really nice booth with some serious books (Batman #1 type books), fair prices and gave nice discounts off of that. He advertised 25% off the already fair prices but he kept giving me bigger discounts. So I kept going back. I bought this one along with another $50 book and he just charged $50 for both together, can't beat that. Real nice guy, and his girlfriend was the Playboy Playmate that was there selling her own photos, etc. And I'm talking one of the finest Playmates I've seen, lucky guy. Anyway, this is the better copy grading about 8.0. My other copy is a VG+.

880350-Elephant.jpg

880350-Elephant.jpg.7bc47ae106ac2e3be971751a03fd9366.jpg

hey all, just purchased this over the weekend, I almost went for a 9.6 copy, but it was $300 more than this 9.4 copy, plus this one had white pages, cloud9.gif the 9.6 copy had off-white-white...this is probably my favorite Joker cover, I love the way Neal Adams draws the Joker...and the whole cover dynamic is very cool...

batman251.jpg

Great book Dude, I love that cover too. As a matter of fact, I think that I'm making all the Joker covers of the Silver and Bronze age my first priority for Batbooks. By the way, check out Detective #475 for another classic Joker cover.

But the 9.6 copy is perfectly centered. No white line along the spine. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif,, yeah but that never did bother me as long as it's an equal amount from top to bottom edge... it's only when the centering is "slanted" that it starts to bother me..

Just busting your balls, the 9.6 on Comiclink is mine.

really ?? wow, that is a great copy, I almost went for it..but with Chicago Con coming up, I figured I'd save a little money for the convention..if I wasn't going to Chicago, I would have bought the 9.6......

I have a 9.2 but it's the Signature Series one - I honestly don't know whether that beats your nicer, unsigned copies or not tongue.gif If only it were a 9.8!!!

Oh and I should say, best cover ever. Probably.

Great books Jeff. I'm always looking for deals on these books at cons and the one I find least, if I even see one at all? It's definitely #401, I believe the rarest, or at least hardest to find of the run.