• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2017 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD
2 2

471 posts in this topic

I'm not sure where I should post this question. If i should post it somewhere else I'll delete it from here and ask it where I should.

Is there any search on the web I can use to find out what new blank sketch covers are coming out from one month to the next?

20 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I'm not sure where I should post this question. If i should post it somewhere else I'll delete it from here and ask it where I should.

Is there any search on the web I can use to find out what new blank sketch covers are coming out from one month to the next?

I think DCBS might?   But I'm not 100% sure.

18 hours ago, AndyBoBo said:

Anyone looking forward to getting ECCC commissions???  I took this show off this year...

It's crazy how much I'm looking forward to this con. I'm taking the train down tomorrow (Friday). 

I have a commission from Livio Ramondelli I'll be picking up. I sent him a book to draw on two months ago. He finished it up early and sent me a pic of the completed work and I couldn't be more happy with it. I'm also planning on doing an interview with him while I'm at the convention. I might wait to post the commission until I have the interview edited just so I can post them here together.

In addition, I'm taking two blank sketch covers with me to ECCC. But, I have no clue who (if anyone), I'll ask to work on them. So in that line of thinking. Totally open to talk about suggestions.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, ivdyer said:

Here are two more headed to ECCC for autographs and CGC grading with Doug Peters.  These were done by Ash Gonzales, a local artist. AmazIng work. These are double sided but can't upload due to image size. 

IMG_9871.JPG

IMG_9872.JPG

Wow.......speechless..............please show these off when they get back

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, Ron C. said:

Here is my latest cover. An amazing Jeff Edwards work of sketch art with color by Steve Lydic. A big thank you to Dan (Par2ch) Partouche for the Sketch OP.

Edwards and Lydic.jpg

Awesome!! Congratulations :applause:

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, A-DONIS said:

This one will be picked up.  Original pencils by George Perez, with final inks and background by Rob Hunter.   Has that Infinity Gauntlet feel to it. :) 

Perez Hunter.jpg

That is Awesome!!! Congratulations Adonis. :applause:

I think this would be considered a sketch cover. It was digitally created by Mike Decarlo, adapted and re colored from a Kirby drawing. Then printed on to card stock and attached to a book. On Kirby's drawing board is a photo of me with Stan. IMG_5439.thumb.JPG.b32536f2b043d2ac90a9dea100b72de4.JPGIMG_5440.thumb.JPG.3ee92ce7765f1936c49377c3b93e644b.JPGIMG_5268.thumb.JPG.91745fab4f91888e63655967ccd4183e.JPG

Edited by Captain Canuck

I commissioned Livio Ramondelli to do this Sketch cover homaging The TSR., Dungeons & Dragons red box art by Larry Elmore. I picked it up at ECCC this last weekend. I had Livio replace the fighter in the original art with Grimlock and put in some items from the G1 run as part of the dragon's treasure.

livio.thumb.jpeg.dbba497f204904c2b329ca45d76907b1.jpeg

redbox.jpeg.e1164a5152455e3369aa8ab3d71bea44.jpeg

I also video taped an interview with Livio about working on this piece. If there are no objections, I'll repost the art along with the video once I have it edited. 

Edited by Yoshi
added content.