• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are all the Fawcett collectors?!?

71 posts in this topic

On the other hand because their characters didn't carry over into the Silver and Bronze Ages they'll most likely remain in low demand. Perhaps one day DC will make more than a half-hearted attempt to revive Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr and Mary Marvel but until then a Fawcett collector can put together a nice run without breaking the bank.

Hi guy,

I assume I'll be seeing you in Oakland in two weeks? thumbsup2.gif

I'm not sure I understand your comment above. Not sure about the "kids," but the big red cheese is more than revived. He appears in lots of comics each year. Black Adam seems to be popular too.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=44471267850%2041

Best Fawcett crime cover

804364-Underworld7.jpg

Ever since you posted this, I've been wondering where I'd seen it before. I figured maybe it was a cover swipe. Then, last night I was sorting some stuff, and came upon CBM #65, and that's on the cover!

Mystery solved. I'm not insane after all.

That Captain Marvel #150 is a very tough book to find period! Ist and Keys, your copy puts mine to shame but I was happy just to find a copy that wasn't all beat up! Do you have the last copy of Whiz also? The last issues of Captain Marvel?Whiz are real tough to find! The fewer Fawcett collectors that there are will be better for me cause I'll be able to afford more books that way! The prices for Fawcetts are still real cheap compared to DC's and Timelys!

Very nice! That's a tough book to find in decent shape 893applaud-thumb.gif

That Captain Marvel #150 is a very tough book to find period! Ist and Keys, your copy puts mine to shame but I was happy just to find a copy that wasn't all beat up! Do you have the last copy of Whiz also? The last issues of Captain Marvel?Whiz are real tough to find! The fewer Fawcett collectors that there are will be better for me cause I'll be able to afford more books that way! The prices for Fawcetts are still real cheap compared to DC's and Timelys!

Thanks guys. EJR No I don't have the last copy of Whiz 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, I was just lucky to come across this one at my LCD. Good luck with your collection and WECLOME TO THE BOARDS!

i think the cover to Ibis #1 is one of the better GA covers. Fawcett had a great stable of cover artists, but i, like others, suspect the pricing is keeping most people away...

A Rayboy cover, low grade (fair/Good), but still,.....Whiz Comics' Miracle Man!

Ibis the Invincible # 1

ibis1.jpg

I had never heard or nor seen a copy of Ibis #1 until you posted it. You persuaded me to buy this copy:

816062061o.jpg

I had never heard or nor seen a copy of Ibis #1 until you posted it. You persuaded me to buy this copy:

What! confused.gif

Have you read the Famous First Edition copy of Whiz #2? (Or in your case, a real copy? smile.gif)

An awful lot of the characters in there got their own short-lived titles. Spy Smasher, Lance O'Casey, Ibis, Golden Arrow. There are the Mighty Midget appearances too.

What amazes me is how many of them were still running in Whiz 100 issues later. We just added Whiz Comics 102 and I was pleased to see all my favorites still going strong.

Beautiful copy btw! Congrats.

Marc