• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear Lonely Hearts 3 Matt Baker Please Delete

17 posts in this topic

Yeh, as I suspected, Overstreet is wrong. Not Baker imho. Not listed in Baker checklist. Not listed as such in GCD, which JVJ or one of those guys responsible for attribution would have caught. Sorry - but great book, lovely cover, great title.

Again, sorry 200X if this affects your sale, but keeping the record straight on Baker romance is important.

I agree- over the years, fandom has had to put a lot of effort into correcting erroneous Baker credits.

I'm so happy that this got cleared up, is this the first time "outside of my sales thread " anyone has noticed/brought this up?

I think Baker fandom had already figured this one out. You evidently got your info from the Overstreet guide, which is full of Baker omissions and incorrect credits, and is very, very, very slow to make corrections.

I'm so happy that this got cleared up, is this the first time "outside of my sales thread " anyone has noticed/brought this up?

I think Baker fandom had already figured this one out. You evidently got your info from the Overstreet guide, which is full of Baker omissions and incorrect credits, and is very, very, very slow to make corrections.

Besides using the Overstreet where can a person get correct information on Baker fandom. Thank you, Ty

Besides using the Overstreet where can a person get correct information on Baker fandom. Thank you, Ty

The most complete and accurate Baker checklist is that found in "Matt Baker, The Art of Glamour" (2012, TwoMorrows).

The most complete and accurate Baker checklist is that found in "Matt Baker, The Art of Glamour" (2012, TwoMorrows).

I concur that The Art of Glamour has the most accurate checklist. After much personal research, I believe it needs only a few corrections:

Amazing Ghost Stories #15 is not listed but has a Baker cover

Authentic Police Cases #36 is NOT a Baker cover

Knockout Adventures #1 is not listed, but reprints a Kayo Kirby story from Fight #53 which has Baker art

The Saint #1 is not listed, but the Lucky Dale story sure does look like early Baker art, and comicbookplus has it listed with "Pencils Matt Baker?"

Slash-D Doublecross nn is not listed, but apparently has a Baker cover

I don't myself have a copy of "Glamour", but I'm aghast that it omitted a book as obvious and high profile as Amazing Ghost Stories #15. Of course, even that checklist is merely the latest incarnation of an ongoing effort to chronicle all of Baker's art appearances, building on and improving the previous list (which would be the one in Alter Ego #47, I believe). One day we'll get it all nailed down.