• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Team Up with Donald Rumsfeld

33 posts in this topic

zzz Save the politics for the water cooler.

You're right. That Washington Post article that took a few cheap shots at Rummy shouldn't have been posted here. That is what you were complaining about, right?

No, political talk in general does not belong here. Take it elsewhere. makepoint.gif

Then you should have replied to the person who started the thread and NOT me. makepoint.gif

Ok. To you, him and everybody. I don't want to read about politics on here. There is a reason it is off limits.

That better?

No. Once again you post a response to me when I am not the one who created this thread. Seems to me that you were perfectly fine with the thread until I posted something positive about Rumsfeld that really wasn't political unless you view anything positive about Rumsfeld as being political. So either stop being so sensitive about my little thumbsup2.gif to Rumsfeld for helping our troops get some free comics to enjoy or take your complaints up with the creator of the thread and leave me out of it. makepoint.gif

The creator of this thread did not put a political spin on it, but YOU did.

He merely posted a link to something that was comic related, and did not comment, except jokingly - he was referring to the silly picture of Rumsfeld posing with the two guys dressed as super-heroes. YOU leapt in with a political comment.

Politics belongs in the Water Cooler. makepoint.gif

Thanks for clarifying my point for me while I was asleep. Cheers! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sooner or later a photo will surface showing Rumsfeld shaking hands with Doctor Doom. Oh, well, this will be another way he can claim to be making America safer without actually doing anything towards that effect.

zzz Save the politics for the water cooler.

You're right. That Washington Post article that took a few cheap shots at Rummy shouldn't have been posted here. That is what you were complaining about, right?

No, political talk in general does not belong here. Take it elsewhere. makepoint.gif

Then you should have replied to the person who started the thread and NOT me. makepoint.gif

Ok. To you, him and everybody. I don't want to read about politics on here. There is a reason it is off limits.

That better?

No. Once again you post a response to me when I am not the one who created this thread. Seems to me that you were perfectly fine with the thread until I posted something positive about Rumsfeld that really wasn't political unless you view anything positive about Rumsfeld as being political. So either stop being so sensitive about my little thumbsup2.gif to Rumsfeld for helping our troops get some free comics to enjoy or take your complaints up with the creator of the thread and leave me out of it. makepoint.gif

The creator of this thread did not put a political spin on it, but YOU did.

He merely posted a link to something that was comic related, and did not comment, except jokingly - he was referring to the silly picture of Rumsfeld posing with the two guys dressed as super-heroes. YOU leapt in with a political comment.

Politics belongs in the Water Cooler. makepoint.gif

And you and your sensitivities belong in rubber room. Please cite the awful political comment I leapt to. screwy.gif Btw, I don't see you jumping on the people that have posted negative comments about Rumsfeld as being political. Why is that? Hypocrite! makepoint.gif

I still don't see anything wrong with saying something nice about Rumsfeld.

I'm sure he has a nice collection of golden and silver age.

He probably has a few Alex Ross stuff as well.

I think he's a fellow board member using the name rummyinmytummy.

Let's all have a nice day.

your friend, Mild Mannered Mica.

I still don't see anything wrong with saying something nice about Rumsfeld.

I'm sure he has a nice collection of golden and silver age.

He probably has a few Alex Ross stuff as well.

I think he's a fellow board member using the name rummyinmytummy.

Let's all have a nice day.

your friend, Mild Mannered Mica.

This is up in Rummy's bathroom:

vampirebush.jpg

hi.gif

unseeable to me too. But based on the file name I'd assume it is the Alex Ross - Bush as vampire / Statue of Liberty painting.

To which I say 893blahblah.gif ho-hum 893blahblah.gif

Yes. That's the one. Funny, I can see it on my computer...

By the way, I think this is on topic as long as it involves comic book characters and comic book artists like Alex Ross. Whether you're a , , conservative or liberal, I think these kinds of posts are interesting and relevant for Comics General in the same way that the Reagan's Raiders post is relevant in the Copper Section. It's a sore subject with lots of folks to be sure, just like religion and Coke vs. Pepsi, but if Spider-Man and Cap are hanging out with someone, IMHO it's worth mentioning. Of course, if it starts a major flame war and people are getting upset, Arch should pull this thread. I, for one, try to keep my personal opinions to a minimum here, but they inevitably will surface sometimes. Still, my intention is to keep it light, so if any feathers were ruffled I just want folks to know this was all done in good humor...