• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic Show - Feb.26 2017
2 2

60 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

There is a color pic of the previous Rx Comics in Vancouver Sun paper Feb 8, 2017 page B5 announcing "new comic shop coming soon." The 2 former Rx staff are having new shelving built this month at same location Main/Broadway, Vancouver. :x

:flamed:

On 2/10/2017 at 9:50 AM, aardvark88 said:

Not that little a show anymore as Van Comic Show (VCS) :x up to 140 vendors tables with 20 folks on the wait list, thus will take time for the reincarnated Rx Comics located shop to 'compete' against Aaron at VCS.

140 vendors is pretty good.

Edited by thehumantorch

Oh, I hope not! I prefer one day show and that should stay that way from the beginning. I do not want it to become like the bigger cons elsewhere! If going for a 2-day con, vendors might see a jump on booth table prices. (tsk)

13 hours ago, Flatliner1313 said:

Finally finished going through the new copper collection.

Greggy already calling first dibs

What about second dibs? I feel like a bird nibbling whatever I can find. ?

Edited by Fan Boy

1 hour ago, lou_fine1 said:

Yes, collectors will probably find much better deals here than down at the much larger and overhyped Emerald City Con down in Seattle the following week.  hm

I hope so ... I need to find a few nice gems to buy in the Vancouver Comic Book Show. Then I do not need worry about ECCC, just to enjoy it there since it is my first time. 

Tomorrow begin the official 7 days countdown to craziness infection... ?

There is also a raw and slabbed comics online auction Mon. Feb 20, 2017 via Canuck Auctions. Live preview Sun. Feb 19, 2017 near corner of E. Hastings/Clark St, East Vancouver. Their website leases the same platform that Able Auctions uses but the companies are totally separate :taptaptap: even though about 5 blocks apart from one another.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎18 at 7:15 PM, aardvark88 said:

There is also a raw and slabbed comics online auction Mon. Feb 20, 2017 via Canuck Auctions. Live preview Sun. Feb 19, 2017 near corner of E. Hastings/Clark St, East Vancouver. Their website leases the same platform that Able Auctions uses but the companies are totally separate :taptaptap: even though about 5 blocks apart from one another.

Any Vancouver area collector hoping to bid in person should bring their cell phone down to the Canuck Auctions location, as they prefer that u call ¬¬ them then they will open the front door (due to security) for the Monday Feb 20/17 afternoon viewing of raw and slabbed comics.

10 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Any Vancouver area collector hoping to bid in person should bring their cell phone down to the Canuck Auctions location, as they prefer that u call ¬¬ them then they will open the front door (due to security) for the Monday Feb 20/17 afternoon viewing of raw and slabbed comics.

Did you see anything good while you were in there today? 

I just checked the Canuck Auctions website for updated lots of comics. Some slabs like House of Mystery #1 Cgc 3.0 unrestored, raws Capt America #100, Hulk 102, Marvel Spotlight 5 Ghost Rider, GA Sensation, All-American GL, Timely Human Torch #3 raw, Star Wars toys, etc. Some nice 60s to 80s hockey rookie cards slabbed.

fyi, there is a color pic of ex-Rx Comics employee (big Nick) :o in today's freebie Metro (or 24?) paper page 1.