• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Con for buying Gold

25 posts in this topic

I haven't been to many cons outside of my local ones and I was wondering which cons are best for buying some Gold? I remember reading here on the Boards that Chicago was the best one but I can't remember if that was the FanExpo or C2E2. Your thoughts are appreciated.

SDCC

Have you been to any of the other major con besides the one at SD? :baiting:lol

I love wonder con and the last couple of years they are really picked it up...they are back in orange county this year after the la show...and it has been improving over the years...but SDCC still has the biggest of the big there...

I haven't been to many cons outside of my local ones and I was wondering which cons are best for buying some Gold? I remember reading here on the Boards that Chicago was the best one but I can't remember if that was the FanExpo or C2E2. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Hey Vern, did your coworkers tell you I bumped into a bunch of them while on the road last year?

Can't remember which city it was but they said they were from your town and then said which company they worked for and when I told them what I did for a living they said "hey, we have a guy that loves comics that works with us"

I asked "Was his name Vern?" and they lost their minds that I knew you.

Unbelievably hilarious co-incidence! lol

BTW, there are MANY great shows to buy books at but it's really luck of the draw to come upon something new and special that is fresh to market.

Yeah, the biggest crowds, the biggest price, the biggest lack of parking, etc., etc... lol

I was done with SDCC 15 years ago...

The locals know not to park but take the trolley from mission valley its free parking, and leave 15 mins before the close and hands down the GA selection is super though and come on back...its quite a show

Hey Vern, did your coworkers tell you I bumped into a bunch of them while on the road last year?

Can't remember which city it was but they said they were from your town and then said which company they worked for and when I told them what I did for a living they said "hey, we have a guy that loves comics that works with us"

I asked "Was his name Vern?" and they lost their minds that I knew you.

Unbelievably hilarious co-incidence! lol

BTW, there are MANY great shows to buy books at but it's really luck of the draw to come upon something new and special that is fresh to market.

Awesome!

I've trying to keep it a secret for years at work and our CFO outed me on company wide webcast to 11,000 people.

I've been to WW Chicago and C2E2 and thought both were pretty great!! Hoping Cleveland brings the big guns this year!!!

Well, Love's back is bothering him and Kyrie always seems to get hurt at the worst of times, so I guess we'll see.

I've been to WW Chicago and C2E2 and thought both were pretty great!! Hoping Cleveland brings the big guns this year!!!

Well, Love's back is bothering him and Kyrie always seems to get hurt at the worst of times, so I guess we'll see.

Haha true story man!! Golden State looks like they are on a different planet so not even sure it matters. Not usually much of a regular season NBA guy myself but tonight should be fun against San Antonio!!