• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

After a series of delays caused by the coronavirus shutdown, we learned on January 18 that Warner Bros. is actually moving the film's release date up slightly as the studio plans a simultaneous premiere on HBO Max and in theaters. Godzilla vs. Kong will now premiere on FRIDAY, MARCH 26.

Millie Bobby Brown and Kyle Chandler will reprise their King of the Monsters roles as Madison Russell and her, father Mark. Ziyi Zhang also returns as the twin kaiju researchers Dr. Ilene Chen and Dr. Ling.

Beyond that, the new MonsterVerse movie is adding a bunch of talent, including Alexander Skarsgård, Lance Reddick (John Wick), Eiza González (Alita: Battle Angel), Rebecca Hall, Shun Oguri, Jessica Henwick (Iron Fist), Brian Tyree Henry (Eternals), and Julian Dennison (Deadpool 2). Danai Gurira (Black Panther, Avengers: Endgame) is also rumored, but unconfirmed.

14 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

a local dealer who i know is a king kong fan and he told me this would be no contest. that kong would break godzillas jaw. 

:eyeroll:

I told him, how he break anything as he's been incinerated 

I’m thinking the scientists develop some kind of super asbestos that Kong literally gets hold of.   Otherwise, he just burnt his hands clear off in the trailer. 

6 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Ok, so Godzilla was 400 feet tall in "Godzilla: King of Monsters", and King Kong was 105 feet tall in "Kong: Skull Island".  In that trailer they look about the same size, so either Godzilla lost 300 feet or King Kong had one hell of a growth spurt.  

Godzilla puts his hand in that red glowing handprint and he powers up - go back and watch it again! I did. Twice.

I'm on Team Godzilla!

7 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Ok, so Godzilla was 400 feet tall in "Godzilla: King of Monsters", and King Kong was 105 feet tall in "Kong: Skull Island".  In that trailer they look about the same size, so either Godzilla lost 300 feet or King Kong had one hell of a growth spurt.  

Right? We need the trailer to share all of the details right now or I am just going to watch this!

:baiting:

Epic Godzilla Vs. Kong Image Shows How Much King Kong Has Grown

Remember, Kong: Skull Island was set in 1973, so while it hasn’t been officially announced what year Godzilla vs. Kong is set in, basically around five decades will have passed within the MonsterVerse since the giant gorilla’s previous adventure. And to be sure, Kong was no lightweight in Kong: Skull Island, standing at approximately 104 feet tall. But this was an adolescent Kong, so he wasn’t fully grown yet.

As such, the decades between Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla vs. Kong saw the simian Titan growing significantly. We don’t know specifically how tall he is now, but he’s clearly dwarfing those buildings in the above poster. Furthermore, the brief Godzilla vs. Kong footage that’s made its way online showed us that King Kong is now around Godzilla’s height, who stood at approximately 393 feet in Godzilla: King of the Monsters. So size-wise, we don’t need to worry about seeing Godzilla squish a comparatively pipsqueak Kong to death.

10 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I just watched Skull Island again last night. Hank does state that Kong isn’t done growing and maybe coupled with the new film taking  place some 50 years later they use that as some sort of explanation? 
(shrug) 

2 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

I just watched Skull Island again last night. Hank does state that Kong isn’t done growing and maybe coupled with the new film taking  place some 50 years later they use that as some sort of explanation? 
(shrug) 

Ok, I had forgotten the part where in that movie they said he wasn't done growing.  I'll allow it!  The movie can release now.