• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

What do you mean? We need to be shown that Superman could've killed Batman if he had no morals?

Are we really doing this? I totally got from your post your view on the matter.

Just a difference of opinion on decided execution.  They have to always put a twist on these mismatch type of battles anyway. I am more a Superman guy than a Batman one, and I am a fan of the film. Just didn't like that Snyder decided to let Batman kick Supermans butt. 

All I was hinting at is that Godzilla camp folk like myself hope that if he is the one who falls, they do it in a way that is 'plausible given all of Godzillas vast abilities in comparison to Kongs.

7 minutes ago, sagii said:

Are we really doing this? I totally got from your post your view on the matter.

Just a difference of opinion on decided execution.  They have to always put a twist on these mismatch type of battles anyway. I am more a Superman guy than a Batman one, and I am a fan of the film. Just didn't like that Snyder decided to let Batman kick Supermans butt

All I was hinting at is that Godzilla camp folk like myself hope that if he is the one who falls, they do it in a way that is 'plausible given all of Godzillas vast abilities in comparison to Kongs.

All I did was ask a question. ??? Another one RE: The Bold. Have you read The Dark Knight Returns?

35 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

All I did was ask a question. ??? Another one RE: The Bold. Have you read The Dark Knight Returns?

I did you you 

While it's a masterpiece,  that outcome worked for that story (Green Arrow helped), and Batman had an induced heartattack which ended the fight, so no opportunity  for Supes recovering and winning. 

In BvS, Suoes was practically lying on his deathbed begging Batman to save his mom. Very different optics. 

My apologies if I seemed to overreact to your question. I'm  alll for friendly debate , and geeking out,  it's why I spend so much time on this forum. Just didn't want to go on a barrage of stalemate back and forth.  

#teamgodzilla 

:foryou:

25 minutes ago, sagii said:

I did you you 

While it's a masterpiece,  that outcome worked for that story (Green Arrow helped), and Batman had an induced heartattack which ended the fight, so no opportunity  for Supes recovering and winning. 

In BvS, Suoes was practically lying on his deathbed begging Batman to save his mom. Very different optics. 

My apologies if I seemed to overreact to your question. I'm  alll for friendly debate , and geeking out,  it's why I spend so much time on this forum. Just didn't want to go on a barrage of stalemate back and forth.  

#teamgodzilla 

:foryou:

I'll just say that they both make the same point, that Superman only loses if he holds back. Batman is basically the only character that can defeat him (if he holds back).

Same with Godzilla. Kong can only win if Godzilla holds back, or the writers scale his power down. Kong can suck it.

:acclaim:

7 hours ago, NoMan said:

why are they mad at each other? would someone please post who wins. no, i'm not gonna see it unless I'm on a really long airline flight somewhere and then I'll see it with no sound.

But then that would disregard the great work of the sound and composer.

Odd statement from someone that has worked on such productions.

10 hours ago, NoMan said:

no, i'm not gonna see it unless I'm on a really long airline flight somewhere and then I'll see it with no sound.

That’s terrible, on the 7 inch screen on the back of the seat in front of you? Sure this movie could be as dumb as Fast and Furious 14 but it will be fun and it will look incredible. Visuals and sound are what’s selling this movie. I’m not expecting The Departed.

10 hours ago, Oddball said:

That’s terrible, on the 7 inch screen on the back of the seat in front of you? Sure this movie could be as dumb as Fast and Furious 14 but it will be fun and it will look incredible. Visuals and sound are what’s selling this movie. I’m not expecting The Departed.

I expect movies to be good. I know, I know....:preach:

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But then that would disregard the great work of the sound and composer.

Odd statement from someone that has worked on such productions.

Hey, I'm working on a pilot w/Bruce Campbell. Start shooting next week. I'll give you the skinny in PM here if you tell me why King Kong and Godzilla are mad at each other and who wins the big show down!  Who controls MegaGodzilla and why? The Campbell thing is Disney so I signed a stack of non-disclosure legal papers thick as War and Peace but I like breaking the law!

Edited by NoMan

49 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Hey, I'm working on a pilot w/Bruce Campbell. Start shooting next week. I'll give you the skinny in PM here if you tell me why King Kong and Godzilla are mad at each other and who wins the big show down!  Who controls MegaGodzilla and why? The Campbell thing is Disney so I signed a stack of non-disclosure legal papers thick as War and Peace but I like breaking the law!

If you watch the trailers that is the question cast members are asking each other - why Godzilla wants to fight Kong. So I bet it is a mystery that will be answered.

Bruce Campbell was my first celebrity I happened across on the web. Even had a few cool email exchanges. And though he is not big on signed photos, he sent one. It was a very cool experience. Lost that photo in a house flood. But the few chats were interesting as he shared some 'movie making' cool facts. Have fun with it!