• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimmed or Torn ? Poll in Thread

Was this book trimmed and then torn to remove the trimming?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Was this book trimmed and then torn to remove the trimming?

30 posts in this topic

^I thought only the queen bee was a 'her.'

Lil' Kim?

Ya got me, I had to google it. Didn't know that was her nickname.

It was a weak jest since I have to explain, but I figured muggins said "because Buzz et' her (buzzetta), with et being old English cockney for eat. Since I thought all the bees we see are male drones it should be 'buzz ate him.' Ba-dum-bump. Yours was gooder.

^I thought only the queen bee was a 'her.'

Lil' Kim?

Ya got me, I had to google it. Didn't know that was her nickname.

It was a weak jest since I have to explain, but I figured muggins said "because Buzz et' her (buzzetta), with et being old English cockney for eat. Since I thought all the bees we see are male drones it should be 'buzz ate him.' Ba-dum-bump. Yours was gooder.

Thank you Grebal! Have you worked for The Pun Police long? If so, you may wish to revisit your original training notes regarding the correct application of pedantry and obsequiousness. A further word of advice - I am concerned about you you know - would be to look beyond the superficial for the real meaning when assessing future riddles. You may be surprised what you find.

Finally, and because I really do want to help make you a better person Grebal, if you pause to consider the feelings of new members when they are being indirectly yet openly criticised by seasoned regulars, and then act appropriately and with compassion, you may find that you will have helped to create a warmer, friendlier environment for all board members, new and old.

Oh, and a sense of humour wouldn't go a miss :foryou: