• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Calgary Comic Expo (April 27-30)
1 1

338 posts in this topic

So, with Richard Comely also being at the show, would it be better to sell my Captain Canuck run (#0-14, plus some specials) as the set it is currently packaged in just to finally get rid of it, or break it out and try to sell for a higher price as single issues? 

24 minutes ago, kimik said:

So, with Richard Comely also being at the show, would it be better to sell my Captain Canuck run (#0-14, plus some specials) as the set it is currently packaged in just to finally get rid of it, or break it out and try to sell for a higher price as single issues? 

I'd sell the set and be rid of it. 2c 

My thought as well. The set is dirt cheap so maybe another dealer will snag them before the show opens. :wishluck:

It will be interesting to see how sales go at this show. Based on the Calgary shows last fall and the Red & White this spring, cheaper keys and $1 bins will probably be the best bets.

I'll see you lot on the Friday and Saturday. My son asked to attend which is pretty cool. I wonder if he knows what he signed up for?

I will attend the board dinner on Saturday night. As my wife will watch the kids.

As for Friday, it will entirely depend on how my son survives the day...

Calgary Expo Sat. runs from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. then we have time for Cgc Forum group dinner.  Thurs hours are brutal with early morning dealer set-up then Expo ends at 9 p.m. (: Friday hours to the public 1 p.m. to 9 pm unless there is early bird admission for handicapped, etc. at noon?

12 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

12 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Which Calgary :tink: restaurant is the Board dinner at Sat. evening? Location and time?

Perhaps Thor could suggest one?

Thor always decides for us. 2c @Fantastic Thor

18 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

perhaps he will suggest the Hose & Hound...:gossip:

This is a good spot to have a beer and a meal. And it is in a nice location.  What about the cafe where H-D vintage cycles are displayed? I was in there and it is a decent place for beer. 

Wish I could go to that show, now that I see Todd and Stan will be there with other guests. Looks to be shaping up into a good show this year. Would love to see if any good books to be found to buy. So tempting... :nyah::flamed: :sorry:

There is a full page article about 'investing in comics and comic art' in Vancouver Sun and National Post newspapers Apr 15, 2017. Nice color pic of Vinnie Z of Metro holding up Atlas (Men's Adv?) original comic artwork Capt America and Subby pages. Seems to be a typo in the article, as I don't think u can buy a pristine mint ToS #39 for $16,000, try $160,000. We may now have officially hit the plateau in market prices for GA and SA comics with this much national publicity in print and online plus vintage issues getting the movie :whatev: bump up. Honest article about advanced collector selling his comics via eBay, and still having his stash of Tarzan and D ick Tracy comics to the very end. :preach:

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 4/14/2017 at 0:27 PM, Fan Boy said:

Would love to see if any good books to be found to buy. So tempting... :nyah::flamed: :sorry:

I am going to have a new batch of CDN newsstand variants for the show. Stuff that was buried in some long boxes as well as from a new collection I snagged late last year.  

This year I am also starting to pull out SA/BA/CA keys/1st apps that have been sitting in backstock for a couple of years (or more in most cases). We reorganized the office this Christmas break so now I have no excuses for my wife to not sort stuff to sell off. :cry:

2 hours ago, kimik said:

I am going to have a new batch of CDN newsstand variants for the show. Stuff that was buried in some long boxes as well as from a new collection I snagged late last year.  

This year I am also starting to pull out SA/BA/CA keys/1st apps that have been sitting in backstock for a couple of years (or more in most cases). We reorganized the office this Christmas break so now I have no excuses for my wife to not sort stuff to sell off. :cry:

Don't worry about that, my friend ... sell to us :baiting:! I would be glad to take care of yours :grin:

... if only I can figure out how to get to Calgary at the last minute :cry:

In process of building lighter weight comic wall racks this Easter weekend. This is the smaller side wall rack that is 5' wide. Just have to add the lateral fishing line to prevent mylared comics from leaning forward, then the metal feet to prevent rack from toppling from 1 of greggy's hip checks. :p

VPDcgn7.jpg

23 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Don't worry about that, my friend ... sell to us :baiting:! I would be glad to take care of yours :grin:

... if only I can figure out how to get to Calgary at the last minute :cry:

Make it work. :wishluck: