• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What books go in the bank safe deposit box? You decide!

73 posts in this topic

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Amazing Spiderman #129 8.0

Moon Knight #1 9.6

Daredevil #158 9.4

Defenders #1 6.5

Star Wars #1 9.6

Daredevil #168 (newstand) 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

Dark Knight Returns #1 9.8

Dark Knight Returns #1 9.6 (SS Miller/Janson)

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Amazing Spiderman #129 8.0

Don't see why people are tearing this guy apart for getting a deposit box? I guess it's because his collection isn't valuable enough according to you? A bank vault is still safer than your house. Some people are really going over the top here with the excuses to not get one. Put the most expensive ones in the SDB, take scans of them and put them on myslabbedcomics.com as a way to look at them without having to constantly see them in person.

Don't see why people are tearing this guy apart for getting a deposit box? I guess it's because his collection isn't valuable enough according to you? A bank vault is still safer than your house. Some people are really going over the top here with the excuses to not get one. Put the most expensive ones in the SDB, take scans of them and put them on myslabbedcomics.com as a way to look at them without having to constantly see them in person.

(shrug)

Honest advice as to how to save a few bucks. I wish more people did this.

:golfclap:

and yes my SDB is climate controlled...

sorry for the late reply, but i just don't live on these boards like I used to.

:blush:

I will never understand the need to slab a book you intend on keeping long term in your collection. At that point it becomes a thing, not a comic.

Because they look great in a slab and are much better protection than a mylar and bag and board. Perhaps you should go join one of the other comic forums where they talk about who can beat who in a fight with other comic readers. You'll fit in nicely with all the other high school and college kids.

I've heard of people taking high grade color photocopies of the covers, framing them for personal display and then putting said books in a SDB. Interesting idea actually. You still have your actual covers on display whenever and wherever you want without the associated risk.

I think I would have to employ a similar method or idea as just having them in a SDB would ruin the whole idea as to why I really wanted them in the first place....

I will never understand the need to slab a book you intend on keeping long term in your collection. At that point it becomes a thing, not a comic.

Because they look great in a slab and are much better protection than a mylar and bag and board. Perhaps you should go join one of the other comic forums where they talk about who can beat who in a fight with other comic readers. You'll fit in nicely with all the other high school and college kids.

Pretty rude.

Pretty rude.

+1

Books most definitely look a lot nicer and brighter in mylar as compared to being encased in a slab. Even more so, if you are talking about the old industrial looking CGC slabs prior to last summer which gave all of the books a relatively darker and dingier look. :P

Pretty rude.

+1

Books most definitely look a lot nicer and brighter in mylar as compared to being encased in a slab. Even more so, if you are talking about the old industrial looking CGC slabs prior to last summer which gave all of the books a relatively darker and dingier look. :P

Why would anyone want to actually READ a comic book, when you can encase it in plastic, and never read it? (shrug)