• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you like about the new boards
1 1

84 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Architecht said:

Oooh! Did anyone notice that you can highlight the text in someone's post (any part of it) hover over the highlight and click "quote this" to quote JUST that part in a reply? That's nice.

I like that.  It will save a lot of time. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Guess I need to look at this forum on the computer vs iPhone.   ?

Does it look anything like the old forum there?

again I say the iPhone app just feels like a comic Facebook

i will get used to it but will likely ween myself compared to the old board which I enjoyed.  Functionality here may get me reading things I wouldn't have otherwise.   Good or bad?

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Oooh! Did anyone notice that you can highlight the text in someone's post (any part of it) hover over the highlight and click "quote this" to quote JUST that part in a reply? That's nice.

That is an improvement.   Still haven't been able to figure out how you quote multiple quotes though?????

14 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

The easy pic uploads is brilliant. That'll save me a ton of time for my sales threads!

Same with being able to search PMs...PLUS now you can create folders for your PMs and organize them!!

I'm liking the site...especially when they figure out how to make it a little less "white/light grey".

How do you create folders in PMs? That would be wonderful. 

Day 2, I'm finding I'm less confused, I do love the drag and drop. It must not be just image size that is an issue, since I've had smaller ones rejected and larger pics accepted. 

I still think it will take a week or so to learn all the buttons, but I like some of the new toys. I'm a little confused about watching threads, and I miss my blinking envelope a little.

2 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Can someone point out how you reply to a members post as opposed to reply to the topic? I'm missing it somewhere I guess. So it would say @Jayman as example...

Thanks!

@Jayman  Starting typing the "at" symbol, then the username and a dropdown list will appear that will shorten as you type in the name until you find the username you are replying to.

2 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Can someone point out how you reply to a members post as opposed to reply to the topic? I'm missing it somewhere I guess. So it would say @Jayman as example...

Thanks!

Just start to  write @Jayman and when you type the @ you see some lines and a list appears, like magic:) choose from the list! Highlight the name and Voila! 

19 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I like this. 

Going to take me a while to get used to this. 

DD's heads cut off in my avatar... looks like I need a new one

15 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Something else I like is that hovering gives you a wealth of information.

Hover over usernames to see more info about them. Once the boards have a better color scheme / skin option this is going to make the boards look much cleaner without having to display all the additional, redundant information.

Hover over thread titles to see 1st / last post.

Still checking out new things but hovering is an interesting feature.

It says you are currently using a personal massager....,