• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arch, the noob!

28 posts in this topic

I'm glad to see Arch is a very active member of these boards lately (cannot, for the life of me, figure out why!). :P

I hope he stays hanging around like this...I have to believe that with all this work, he is also a comic fan with opinions and "take-aways" like all of us.

And regardless of how much we *spoon* and moan about these new boards, I'm happy to see he is still putting in this work to make it as easy as a transition for everyone.

Thank you very much @Architecht, we will all appreciate you hard work!

:golfclap:

9 hours ago, meeklo said:

I'm glad to see Arch is a very active member of these boards lately (cannot, for the life of me, figure out why!). :P

I hope he stays hanging around like this...I have to believe that with all this work, he is also a comic fan with opinions and "take-aways" like all of us.

And regardless of how much we *spoon* and moan about these new boards, I'm happy to see he is still putting in this work to make it as easy as a transition for everyone.

Thank you very much @Architecht, we will all appreciate you hard work!

:golfclap:

I have seen some butt kissing in my day but you take it to a whole new level! lol

Edited by CAHokie

I agree. I posted a help question early on and got a very quick response. I know from experience that moves like this are not easy on the administrative side. When we moved to Windows 7 at work there was a lady literally crying and begging us to let her go back to XP.

Kudos to all involved, your support is appreciated.

19 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I agree. I posted a help question early on and got a very quick response. I know from experience that moves like this are not easy on the administrative side. When we moved to Windows 7 at work there was a lady literally crying and begging us to let her go back to XP.

Kudos to all involved, your support is appreciated.

Agree with this. From experience working on Web and mobile upgrades I recognize that generally you will get flamed brutally by a large contingent of your audience no matter how much improvement you believe you've made to the previous UI... and on top of that, invariably, bugs and fixes you'll need to make on the fly post-launch are part of the game - any developer, no matter how experienced or sophisticated, will tell you as much.  It can get incredibly disheartening after all the work you've presumably put into the rollout.

There are aspects of the old boards I miss for sure, but there are also some nice positives of the new ones. One thing that's for certain is that no one should question the effort or best intentions @Architecht and the other folks behind the forums have made in recent months.

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

about that custom title ... how does one get one ?

If it's up to Arch, he can just add "Home at Graceland" to mine. :banana:

Thank you in advance.

Hey, Elvis got all his hair back!  Congrats! :)

Testing 123, Testing 123...hehehe...Hey Look, I'm a newbie again!  ...and it feels like it, still trying to navigate through the new CGC.   Nobody likes change but like I told my wife, ask yourself, what do I LIKE about the new change.  Actually, a LOT!  I like the new fonts and colors, which makes it feel more modern.  I like the way I can just click and drag images to our posts.  I like the animation used in their transitions.  I'm sure I will learn to love the new format, well, it's not like we have any choice...just gotta learn to deal with it and be happy, happy, happy!