• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All star 8 coverless!

12 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ender said:

Just curious at to others opinions, would the book have gone even higher if it had not been missing the first wrap, or was that inconsequential?  Were people only wanting the Wonder Woman Story?

I think most people are looking for as much to be there as possible in order to eventually marry together a complete copy.  So, the missing first wrap likely brought the price down, imo.

Based on the condition i thought the price was nuts.  There was a lot of damage to the paper with spin splits and pieces missing from the cf so not sure it would be worth marring into anything.  There are plenty of copies of this book around and several incomplete and coverless copies have been auctioned over the kast year.  Sometimes its timing but i think you could get a lot more for your money.

James G

On 2/14/2017 at 10:36 AM, gadzukes said:

People do crazy bidding when they're trying to get a CF to marry into their grail.  I overbid on a horrible Cap 1 to get the CF.  And I have no regrets.

This would make sense if the centerfold was in nice shape, this one was missing piece along the margin and was beat pretty bad.

James G