• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIdeo Insert button with default starting size
1 1

Question

I realize the forum software adjusts the video size based on if you are viewing this via PC, tablet or phone. I've tried all three, and see the adjustment differences. But when you compare the 640x360 videos brought over from the old forum to the massive default video size on the new forum via PC, it extends out a thread that you can have only a few of these videos on a page.

uOMPDD0.jpg

Is there a way to include a Video Insert button like the Insert Link feature that no matter what you drop in for a link from Youtube or VMEO, the starting default via PC view is always 640x360? This way we cut down on the scrolling with these massive videos.

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

This makes sense, to me, given the number of comments about sizing, etc.

How come I can't vote up? When I try, it gives me a nono traffic sign circle with a line across it. i could vote other member answers up, but not my own or the vote at top.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Are you seriously complaining about not being able to up-vote your own content?

There may be a slight misunderstanding here.

I believe Mr.Kcknowitall was meaning to up-vote the suggestion to have a different image insert method (either a button or make the default size different). Not to vote for his comments in the thread.

I hope that helps.

7 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Then he shouldn't have specifically mentioned not being able to up-vote his own post.

The only reason I can see that you wouldn't be able to up-vote content posted by somebody else is because you already have (you can only do it once per item).

Since two people already noted their support of the suggestion (CC, Kagenish) and Mr, M is also support yet there are only 2 votes, it looks like something went wrong with providing his vote.

1 hour ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

How come I can't vote up? When I try, it gives me a nono traffic sign circle with a line across it. i could vote other member answers up, but not my own or the vote at top.

Uh-ohhh. Sounds like a new feature recommendation.

:angel:

2 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

20 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Are you seriously asking a dumazz question because you are comprehension challenged?:makepoint: What do you give a krap what I am asking? Vote or don't vote yourself, but get off my lawn. I am not referring to MY own content. Sheesh.:facepalm:

I was voting FOR the idea by Bosco, dufus. For the record, I never post pictures or videos. I don't know you. Leave me alone.

The Badger.:acclaim:

4 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Are you seriously asking a dumazz question because you are comprehension challenged?:makepoint: What do you give a krap what I am asking? Vote or don't vote yourself, but get off my lawn. I am not referring to MY own content. Sheesh.:facepalm:

I was voting FOR the idea by Bosco, dufus. For the record, I never post pictures or videos. I don't know you. Leave me alone.

The Badger.:acclaim:

:eyeroll:

First of all, learn how to spell doofus (I assume that's what you meant), you doofus.

2 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

i could vote other member answers up, but not my own

Secondly, I comprehend this just fine, thanks.

Then he shouldn't have specifically mentioned not being able to up-vote his own post.

The only reason I can see that you wouldn't be able to up-vote content posted by somebody else is because you already have (you can only do it once per item).

1 1