• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2021 at 8:58 AM, Nazirite said:

Had low expectations so I enjoyed it. John Cena surprised me, I really want Peacemaker to meet Captain Atom & The Question.  Especially The Question. 

Cena was my favorite character which surprised me as well.  I thought I'd like King Shark, Idris Elba, and Harley more, but Cena's physicality and earnest delivery made me wonder how that guy isn't already an action star like the Rock yet.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:58 PM, jsilverjanet said:

If your marriage can withstand it, you should do the same to her the next time she chooses a film

After years of being abused by her, this is exactly how I started to dish it back to my EX.

It culminated in our end after she threw away my comic collection, and I in turn threw away her massive shoe collection.

Tread lightly...

On 8/6/2021 at 8:41 AM, fantastic_four said:

Masai Ujiri signs a new deal with the Raptors to enhance his role further.  I assume he'll still act as the General Manager, but it's possible someone else gets hired to fill that role.  It wasn't a given that Masai would stay and would instead leave to build the growing basketball programs in various African nations or possibly for the continent as a whole that he's passionate about, but I guess he sees that as still a ways off.

I personally think double boxing is overkill.  I just ship in a medium priority mail box with sufficient padding around it.  Offer 14 day returns for the very rare time something happens.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, fantastic_four said:

Agreed, she was too over the top relative to the rest of them.

And having her separated from the rest of the group for most of the movie took away her mojo.  The fun in this movie was watching the interactions between the squad.... some of the most subtle interactions were the strongest.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

I was wondering what the heck was going on

Me too, I was thinking to myself, am I too dumb to follow along in this thread?  Started looking for other posts above it for context.

“The Suicide Squad” opened to $4.1 million in Thursday night previews, bolstered by strong reviews and the wider world of fandom’s mania for all things James Gunn.

Theater owners are hoping that the very R-rated comic book film will provide a much-needed jolt to the box office after concerns about the Delta variant and new distribution models have stalled their recovery. But “The Suicide Squad” is also part of this shift in how movies are being presented to consumers. The film is premiering simultaneously on HBO Max, which may take a bite out of ticket sales. Last year, Warner Bros. opted to debut its entire 2021 slate of films on the new streaming service — it was both a concession to the pandemic era and a means of bolstering subscriptions for its nascent Netflix challenger.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

just a smidge below BW's $13.2MM Thursday night; $40MM weekend on the horizon? sadly, there's little chance this ends at higher than the opening weekend of the abomination SS ($133MM)

Edited by paperheart

On 8/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, paperheart said:

just a smidge below BW's $13.2MM Thursday night; $40MM weekend on the horizon? sadly, there's little chance this ends at higher than the opening weekend of the abomination SS ($133MM)

taco-trip.gif.01bd5e2b5dcf674d013b814cc36fb364.gif

:baiting:

Sadly comparing any of these movies to pre-pandemic results or expectations is an opportunity to set negative results. Black Widow hitting $80M as the big win from a franchise comprised of 23 previous films was telling even with that horsepower you can only get so far before audiences pull back from theaters.

I’ll definitely get it on Blu-Ray. Only a few weeks to wait.  Not really been disappointed with either Snyder’s or Gunn’s films.

Conversely, I’ve had no interest in watching Black Widow or Wonder Woman.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, Straw-Man said:

the boardie reviews are enuff to get me to the theater; originally i was a "no way," in light of how execrable the first one was.

It's MULTIPLE levels above that one.  I mentally gave up on that one less than halfway through, but I'm a superhero and CGI junkie, so I watched it through to the end, and the second half sucked a lot.  :frown: