• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBCS have gone bonkers

63 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

This was being talked about quite a bit at the Richmond show this past weekend. What I heard was that this service was geared towards facilitating appraisals for Estate and Insurance purposes. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

With all due respect to CBCS and the intended purpose of this service,  with no resto check I wouldn't add these to any appraisal report with my name on it.  I would advise the client that I could perform the same service myself with a restoration check for less. Ultimately though, the advice given would be similar to what I tell most estate owners with comic collections, and that is that not all comics make economic sense to send in for grading, and that a properly drawn up appraisal report will protect their collection in the event of a loss just as well.

Edited by comicwiz

These grades should not be used for comics going back out on the market.  The only benefit would be to people doing this for insurance purposes, but if you have a pile of trimmed books, you're misrepresenting your collection, knowingly or not.

Would they note obvious resto like color touch?

Would they use qualified grades?

Would there be grader's notes?