• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I tried inserting a comic into a top loader...
2 2

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I use top loaders for my books and I love em, of course I use magazine size for everything.

I use the GA size for everything and never had any problem. Mylite + fullback and into a toploader for the good stuff. The modern size toploaders are deathtraps. 

8 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I use the GA size for everything and never had any problem. Mylite + fullback and into a toploader for the good stuff. The modern size toploaders are deathtraps. 

Do books still visually "pop" if they're in Mylite + toploader like they do in Mylite alone?

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

Do books still visually "pop" if they're in Mylite + toploader like they do in Mylite alone?

The toploader is going to dull that pop of color a little bit, but for storage it doesn't bother me in the slightest. If I want to look at a book it is easy to slide them out of a GA toploader. For box storage of better books this is my favorite solution by far.

On 2017-02-23 at 10:15 PM, Ovrclck said:

I didn't eat much for lunch and decided to grab a beer.

Years ago I stuck a piece of tape on a higher grade ASM #129 because I thought it was fun to handle raw books while drinking a gin and tonic. Not so much.

16 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

Yikes, did it cause any color tare?

Yup. A fabulous tape pull smack in the center of the front cover. It was about an inch long.