• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #112 : Whats Your Grade

25 posts in this topic

Well, that's a tough one . . .

The foxing to the BC is a major distraction (even if it might be considered minor to moderate). I also can't get a read on what's going on at the center of the spine BC - it doesn't translate to the FC, so I am at a loss. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also, is that a crease to the LLBC or is it just dirt? FC at first looks very nice with only slight softness at corners, but there is an apparent stain at the LRFC near theThing's paw 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm guessing they hammered you for the back cover and the stain, and gave you a 7.5 sumo.gif

Let me just say this was not a CGC slabbed book BTW, the back cover has dirt David, also looks like a lot of tiny foxing marks, I also see them on the front cover on the "Fantastic" area,

I wont reveal the grade yet, I want to let a few more chime in, but this grade has me confused.

Yes looks like some foxing in the price area in the top left. As well it that a slight tear along the left side of the top edge on the front cover - in the 1" blue section just before the black cover section begins???

I have a few books that have this sort of foxing and I am curious as to what it does to the grade IE really nice books with little accumulations of foxing spots here and there.

I'll say 8.5 and hold my breath 27_laughing.gif that book has me confused - I changed my grade twice. 8.5 yes I'm er um sure of it. tonofbricks.gif

what's that discoloration going on at the mid-bottom RFC, right beside The Thing's left hand and left leg? Scanner artifact?

Front cover = 9.0

CGC grade = 8.0 cause they don't hammer foxing as much

My raw garde = 7.0 cause I do

That "other" company's (that we are not allowed to mention) grade = 6.0 cause they hammer the hell out of books with foxing

prolly something the scanner introduced...here's a blowup...

thing16ci.jpg

here's the blowup inverted...

thing1rev6wm.jpg

confused-smiley-013.gif

Front cover = 9.0

That "other" company's (that we are not allowed to mention) grade = 6.0 cause they hammer the hell out of books with foxing

Great example of what I am looking for 893applaud-thumb.gif

Front cover = 9.0

My grade wasn't low enough for you? confused-smiley-013.gif

Front cover = 9.0

acclaim.gif

I'll say 8.5 and hold my breath 27_laughing.gif that book has me confused - I changed my grade twice. 8.5 yes I'm er um sure of it. tonofbricks.gif

I am still confused

label112.jpg