• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASMs on tonight's Comiclink Auction
1 1

20 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I placed a tracking bid on one that I was sure would prevail.....wrong. GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Some astounding numbers for Spidey last night for sure.  How about that 9.0 #14 doubling it's GPA?  The Molten Man has been discussed elsewhere, but that was another WOW result.  It appears the new pedigree definitely brought the buyers out with deep pockets last night!  The #51 for ~6K!?  Wow, people must really like those CVA stickers  :ohnoez:

The new pedigree certainly brought some attention to those ASM offerings. I was eyeing the 8.5 #27 and #44, thinking that those may stay reasonable because they weren't nosebleed grades, but they shot above my comfort zone well before bidding ended.

It's very possible that these books were upgradeable and that was the reason for the high prices.

Many of the books are not rare and were available else where so there really isn't a logical reason for them to sell at multiples of FMV.

9 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i lost on about 6 of them, won none.  toward the end, i was going more and more over gpa--s.o.o.l.

So it's your fault.

#2 went for $5K over market for 9.0...granted...White pages/new pedigree...decent copy...but $5K for a CVA sticker??!! :insane: :whatthe:

Glad I got my 9.0 copy last year for $7K even...nicer copy too imo...

Interesting too the CBCS AF15 9.0 at $240K and change...not a bad price for a crack-out CGC 8.5... lol

3 hours ago, paul747 said:

AMS #1 seems like it went low. also FF #1 9.0 went low as well, at least GPA low.

Take a look at the DD 1 CGC 9.6. Sold for $23,750. Hella low for that book, like $10K-$14K low!! I thought the ASM #1 was about right actually, but maybe I'm wrong. What are recent sales on a 9.0 ASM 1?

Edited by LDarkseid1

9 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Take a look at the DD 1 CGC 9.6. Sold for $23,750. Hella low for that book, like $10K-$14K low!! I thought the ASM #1 was about right actually, but maybe I'm wrong. What are recent sales on a 9.0 ASM 1?

All real low as compared to recent sales. I think the stock market and the amount of inventory is lowering prices on certain books, for now.  Prices have been high.  A correction would be good.

8 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I think the ASM #1 CGC 9.0 is worth around $70k. So yeah it sold cheap. Nice grab for the buyer.

I think that is 9.2 price territory, personally.

+1, although higher prices would be expected if compared to the other ASM sales. That makes it all the more interesting to see if the prices that were paid for the CVA - Pedigree will stick or not. There may be a little hope left :-) ASM2 in CGC9.0 is all I need to complete a Top 10 in 9.0 (although I have settled for a #1 in 8.5)