• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics you had, then you didn't!

32 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Post away the comics you once owned, that you don't anymore (regrets or not)...

over time, Action1Kid (formerly of these boards) sold me each one of these books...all were , unfortunately, sold at one point or another...

peterlpic].jpg

THAT is RIDICULOUS...??? (worship)

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Post away the comics you once owned, that you don't anymore (regrets or not)...

over time, Action1Kid (formerly of these boards) sold me each one of these books...all were , unfortunately, sold at one point or another...

peterlpic].jpg

That Action is gonna haunt u forever :sorry:

Don't have pics but Had a copy of

Action 2 unrestored fair/good.  Sold to buy a house here in the SF bay area in 08 when house prices where way down.

Action 7 was unrestored vg had little work done to it in the 80s.  Sold to buy a house here in the SF bay area in 08 when house prices where way down.

Tec 38 unrestored solid 5.0/6.0 traded for a motorcycle:screwy: in the early 90s.

Cap 1 vg/fine unrestored since Timely where not my thing.  Sold to buy a house here in the SF bay area in 08 when house prices where way down. Vincent called me few days after sale to buy some of my books with a call from Steve soon after but it was sold cheap since there was no interest in Cap back then:censored:

Detective 3 and 4 high grade restored Sold to Ian Levine in 08 to buy house.

Had a few Sup 1s all restored. I did have a copy I think I bought from Fish unrestored missing back cover

Fantasy 15s FF 1s had more of those than I can count.

I regret The Action 7 and Cap 1.

All these years of holding on to my books to 2x my money and I sold few years to soon:frustrated: Glad my Tec 27 only got a 17k bid on a 25k reserve back than(thumbsu I got stuck with it ^^

In the late summer of 1956, I bought a copy of Showcase #4 off the news stand for a silver dime.  After reading and not really caring for it, I threw it in my box of comics, to join a few issues of Action and Detective Comics, among others, of the same period.  Gave the box to my little brother, and that was the end of them.

1 hour ago, fifties said:

In the late summer of 1956, I bought a copy of Showcase #4 off the news stand for a silver dime.  After reading and not really caring for it, I threw it in my box of comics, to join a few issues of Action and Detective Comics, among others, of the same period.  Gave the box to my little brother, and that was the end of them.

The end of both the box and your little brother? :whatthe:

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The end of both the box and your little brother? :whatthe:

Eh eh, don't remember what happened to the box.  Little bro still around... ;) 

Edited by fifties

(worship) to ALL of you! 

Nothing AT ALL like any of you heavyweights in terms of books I can't hold onto (never parted with any GA of significance, nor any SA keys where I don't have more than 1), but the only key of any sort I cannot hold onto is a Bronze perennial. I have traded away ASM 129 three times with no additional keeper copy. Once in the 1980s for an Iron Man #1, once about 10-12 years ago for an FF#48, and once last year as one of 18 books I traded for an Avengers #1 to complete my run, plus another Avengers #4. Just an aside in this thread for sure; guess I cannot shake my view of the Punisher as a two-dimensional supporting character, fwiw.

I guess the relevant point is my mindset apparently says bronze is expendable; gold is not.hm

Thanks for sharing some awesome books!